Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I was working in the hotel in 1999 when the unopened nightclub was just a storage area and there was talk of going to 4* even back then. They have been talking of going to 4* for over a decade now and it has nothing to do with a nightclub

+1,

I was involved in the nightclub business in Nenagh many years ago and the reality of the situation is people perceive the Abbey Court as being too far to walk to from the centre of town.

Its a strange conundrum as people used to walk from Summerhill to the Ormond Hotel.

I think its to do with the fact that there is nothing else down in that area to attract you, and most people go to the chipper after a night out, are you going to get a taxi back to the town centre get your face fed and then have to get another taxi home, its all too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Hi all, sorry to repeat a previous post but we re looking to move to nenagh. Struggling to find anything to rent. Looking for 4 bed house in good condition. I ve been keeping an eye on daft but haven t had any luck so far. Anyone know of anything coming up, we d be very grateful. Feel free to pm if you need more details. Many thanks, looking forward to moving in and hopefully the odd trip into some of the pubs mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Nenagh Ormond RFC 1st team play Greystones on Saturday and will essentially clinch promotion to 3rd tier of the All Ireland League as well as seal the Division 2B league title if they win.
    Kick off is at 2.30pm
    The 6 Nations game against France will be shown in the club house after the game. Bar will be open all day. Should see a huge crowd at the game and will be a great day. The team are unbeaten in the league with 11 wins and a draw from their 12 games played.
    They are also into the final of the Munster Senior Plate, a competition they won last season,
    Would be great to see huge crowd at the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Boscoirl wrote: »
    For pubs, una's mostly, and philly's occasionally

Other places I might venture into would be the talbot, the Kenyon and Rohan's.

But Una's would be my favourite.
    Definitely Rohan's for me, always a pleasure to be greeted by auld Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Declan_de_Vito

+1,

I was involved in the nightclub business in Nenagh many years ago and the reality of the situation is people perceive the Abbey Court as being too far to walk to from the centre of town.

Its a strange conundrum as people used to walk from Summerhill to the Ormond Hotel.

I think its to do with the fact that there is nothing else down in that area to attract you, and most people go to the chipper after a night out, are you going to get a taxi back to the town centre get your face fed and then have to get another taxi home, its all too much hassle.

That's true that there's nothing else down there :/ Ring up a few chip vans and get them to park in lidl car park :L

I just think it would be cool to have another option at the weekend yano :)

Nenagh Ormond host bottom side Suttonians on Saturday and will win the league(with a game to spare) if they win or even if they pick up just 2 points. They have lost just one competitive game all season and are still in line to do a League/Plate double.
    The seconds play Munster Junior Cup second round on Sunday at home against St Senans. Would be great to see huge crowds out at both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Some big changes in Nenagh according to last weeks Guardian - Gough O Keefes on the main street and the rumour is that it has been bought by Boots. Also a rumour that the O'Connors site has been bought by Lidl. The aluminium factory has also been purchased by a local investor but I've not heard what the plan is for the site. Hopefully these might give the town at a bit of a jobs push.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

bawn79 wrote: »
    Some big changes in Nenagh according to last weeks Guardian - Gough O Keefes on the main street and the rumour is that it has been bought by Boots. Also a rumour that the O'Connors site has been bought by Lidl. The aluminium factory has also been purchased by a local investor but I've not heard what the plan is for the site. Hopefully these might give the town at a bit of a jobs push.

I heard that Donie Comerford (garage) had bought the aluminium factory, but don't know how true.

Heard about Boots too. MAJOR renovations needed in G, O'K & N!

I heard that Donie Comerford (garage) had bought the aluminium factory, but don't know how true.

Heard about Boots too. MAJOR renovations needed in G, O'K & N!
    I've heard the boots rumour as well and from a few people as well.
    Heard the Lidl rumour about o' Connors. hard nothing on aluminium factory.
    as long as there's plenty of jobs created i'll be happy.

• Advertisement

Nenagh Ormond defend their Munster Senior Plate title won in December 2012 on Friday Night at home to Young Munster
    Game kicks off 7.30pm and with the side having clinched promotion and the league title will be going for a double. Will be great nights entertainment
    Heineken Cup/Amlin will be on tv inside in the bar... great place to kick-start your weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Anyone know if any language students will be staying in Nenagh this year? We now have two spare rooms an I need to use them to earn some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

tringle wrote: »
    Anyone know if any language students will be staying in Nenagh this year? We now have two spare rooms an I need to use them to earn some money.
    I know someone I will point them to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Anyone be able to tell me exactly where the NDLS centre is on Silver Street?
    The website lists it as 10 Silver Street http://www.ndls.ie/en/about-us/where-are-the-new-ndls-centres.html but the image on google maps doesn't add up http://www.ndls.ie/images/Documents/Maps/PDF/155076_RSA_NDLS_Cen_Maps_Nenagh_FA_BD.pdf
    Anyone able to shed some light on this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Its about 20m away from where the dot is. To the left of (looking at your map) of the lane that takes you to the big-carpark.

Its about 20m away from where the dot is. To the left of (looking at your map) of the lane that takes you to the big-carpark.

Same side of the road as Maddens then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Ompala wrote: »
    Same side of the road as Maddens then?

It's the building on the corner beside the lane that leads up to the car park - just past Elisabeth Rose florist. Used to be the old credit union if that helps. Before the Silvermine, previously The Plunge Inn, if that helps... or doesn't! :P

Thanks for the help lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

does anyone know anything about the houses in Dromin Village or when they are going for sale? Looking to buy in Nenagh and heard thats a really nice estate to go to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 gillytotsxxx

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    does anyone know anything about the houses in Dromin Village or when they are going for sale? Looking to buy in Nenagh and heard thats a really nice estate to go to.

Hey, Drummin Village wouldn't be to hot, a lot of houses apartments are rented out - large turnover of people.
    You should look into springfort meadows theirs only a one or two houses for sale. A few unfinished. Definitely one of the best estates in town. Good luck:) x

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Pinkycharm wrote: »

Dromin village is a kip, i feel sorry for people who got stung with a house in there. You only have to take a drive through it to see what i mean. I would be surprised if the council didn't try and buy up whats left of it for council housing. If they are flogging them for 50k or something then maybe. Any other estate in nenagh would be a better purchase. (anyone who may be living there, please don't take my views personally)

Dromin village is a kip, i feel sorry for people who got stung with a house in there. You only have to take a drive through it to see what i mean. I would be surprised if the council didn't try and buy up whats left of it for council housing. If they are flogging them for 50k or something then maybe. Any other estate in nenagh would be a better purchase. (anyone who may be living there, please don't take my views personally)

I heard Millers Brook is nice too but a lot of people are trying to get out of it.
    When i went up to look in dromin village, I definitely wont be buying there anyways, its awful!!

Saw a lovely house in Springford meadows but yer man wants €275k and its been on the market 3 years with nobody living in it!

Hey, Drummin Village wouldn't be to hot, a lot of houses apartments are rented out - large turnover of people.
    You should look into springfort meadows theirs only a one or two houses for sale. A few unfinished. Definitely one of the best estates in town. Good luck:) x

Looked at one yesterday but the Buckley guy wants 275k for it, its a gloucester one i think and he said its been on the market 3 years with nobody in it. I would snap it up but only have about half of that to spend!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

I know the house in springfort you are talking about, beautiful house, very well finished i saw it in Jan 2012 and he was looking for 275k then!!!

Iamhere wrote: »
    I know the house in springfort you are talking about, beautiful house, very well finished i saw it in Jan 2012 and he was looking for 275k then!!!

It's unreal, I rang him today to just ask him about it, he really only wants to show it to people who are serious about paying that money. told him I'd offer 150k for it and he said no way.

I'll keep looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

He told us at the time that is was unsellable yet he showed no interest in reducing the price!

If your interested in the unfinished houses in springfort, KPMG in Cork are the receivers but they have been very slow to do anything with the estate.

Iamhere wrote: »
    He told us at the time that is was unsellable yet he showed no interest in reducing the price!

If your interested in the unfinished houses in springfort, KPMG in Cork are the receivers but they have been very slow to do anything with the estate.

yeah he was the same today now, i really can't see anyone paying more than 150k seeing thats it been vacant but he's holding out for that "special buyer". i'd say he'll be waiting!! yeah its somewhere i'd love to live, I'll look up that, thanks!

was hoping to get a 4 bed somewhere with another room I could use as an office, still have another few to view.

Still lots to view yet though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Hi.

This is a long shot, but i'm looking for an old friend from Nenagh.

His name is Pat Mcgrath and i'd say he is around 33 years of age now. As far as i remember his family were farmers. I'd imagine he done alot of traveling since as he came across as that type of guy. i'm 90% sure he started an apprenticeship as an electrician, if that helps.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RIP Rody Boland. I just heard the news today

Advertisement