Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

ibFoxer wrote: »
    New shop open on the top of Pearse St, The Gaming Lounge. Local chap owns it, new & second hand games, consoles, phones etc & repairs on all consoles, phones and PC's. Also has a sit down area for playing games on PS4 & XB1.

Any idea of prices for games / repairs?

Cheap, fair, overpriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Cheap, fair, overpriced?

New games listed at €70 but as an independent retailer there may be budge. Pre-Owned titles the same or less than CEX, repairs are moderately priced, iPhone 6 screen including panel was about €130. I think the sit down price is around €4 for 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Blackwell

ibFoxer wrote: »
    New shop open on the top of Pearse St, The Gaming Lounge. Local chap owns it, new & second hand games, consoles, phones etc & repairs on all consoles, phones and PC's. Also has a sit down area for playing games on PS4 & XB1.

Best of luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Cheap, fair, overpriced?

Very fair. It being an independent business you're not going to get argos like deals but if, for example, you're exchanging your PS4 he won't drop the price for stupid shít like a scratch on a controller. All the best Iano....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 october10

Can anyone recommend a dentist in nenagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

My daughters have gone to Ramona who has now just moved into Quentins Way, price as quoted and work a good quality and not left forever waiting on an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

october10 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a dentist in nenagh

We have used Dr. Jacques Lumbroso for many years he is very good.

http://www.thedovesdental.com/

Anyone recommend a good painter to paint inside of house in Nenagh area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

We used Brian Tomkins to paint all of our house - he was excellent. Cleaned and sanded everything beforehand, everything spotless after he left, all the edges just so. Highly recommend. I can PM you his number if you'd like, let me know. I don't think it's a good idea to put mobile numbers up on site like this as they can become spammer food!

We used Brian Tomkins to paint all of our house - he was excellent. Cleaned and sanded everything beforehand, everything spotless after he left, all the edges just so. Highly recommend. I can PM you his number if you'd like, let me know. I don't think it's a good idea to put mobile numbers up on site like this as they can become spammer food!

Agree.. no spammer feeding here. PM Sent !

• Advertisement

My Large Dog was attacked by what the vet describes as possibly 1 or 2 dogs in the Lisbunny / Islandbawn area (near Liffey Mills)
    My cat and my 3 of my neighbours cats have all gone missing the last week.

If anyone sees dogs roaming in this area please contact the dog warden on 0761-06-5000

Do not approach

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

I seen there in the Guardian this week that they mention the taxi / hackney app Hailo has gone nationwide (including Nenagh obviously). I don't know if any Nenagh taxi guys use it or read this thread but I know I for one would be delighted if a good number in the town started using it. I have often stood waiting in the cold for a taxi for hours on a night out and it would be great to be able to just hit the Hailo button and off you go.

Does anyone know where in Nenagh (or Tipperary) I can get rid of garden waste. Does the council or AES take it (for free)? I have lots of trees just trimmed and a huge amount of branches to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

tringle wrote: »
    Does anyone know where in Nenagh (or Tipperary) I can get rid of garden waste. Does the council or AES take it? I have lots of trees juts trimmed and a huge amount of branches to move.

Ditches nearby your house. Its natural waste your dumping so don't feel guilty about doing it.

Ha, nope, cant do that there is too much of it, I will need a tractor trailer at least to take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good painter to paint inside of house in Nenagh area.

The Aussie painter

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Does anyone know who's the guy protesting outside Alan Kelly 's office? Tried to read his board when I drove passed, could only make out something about Limerick Co Co?

Front of his board says Minister Kelly lied to Limerick council and back board says ask Minister Kelly about me...don't know more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

tringle wrote: »
    Front of his board says Minister Kelly lied to Limerick council and back board says ask Minister Kelly about me...don't know more than that.

Let's pray that the protester returns to good health soon!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Hey does anybody know if there will be a 1916 anniversary commemoration in Nenagh?
    I havent heard anything meself so if anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Hey does anybody know if there will be a 1916 anniversary commemoration in Nenagh?
    I havent heard anything meself so if anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it.

I hope not !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Anyone else's Internet down? Ours is in Summerhill and I know the etb on Church Road was down earlier too. And I saw an eircom van down with the road works at the top of dromin road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Turns out, the lads doing the gas mains took out the internet for about 80 customers, it didn't come back until about 4.30 today

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Hey does anybody know if there will be a 1916 anniversary commemoration in Nenagh? I havent heard anything meself so if anyone has any info I'd really appreciate it.

There is a Facebook page "Celebrating 1916" that may give details of local events (tried to do a link but unable to)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm assuming there's more to this story and that young fella didn't get stabbed for nothing? Cause if he did, what the hell has happened to nenagh?

http://www.thejournal.ie/man-in-serious-condition-stabbed-2636426-Mar2016/?utm_source=facebook_short

I'm assuming there's more to this story and that young fella didn't get stabbed for nothing? Cause if he did, what the hell has happened to nenagh?

http://www.thejournal.ie/man-in-serious-condition-stabbed-2636426-Mar2016/?utm_source=facebook_short

I've heard around 50 versions of the story but the most believable one is that a local man with a mental illness attacked this poor lad for no reason. We'll find out soon no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

One thing I do know is the poor lad who was stabbed is a hard working decent quiet lad from Romania. The 'foreign lad' as his is being described locally as is decent. I heard he is in a bad way. My thoughts are with him

One thing I do know is the poor lad who was stabbed is a hard working decent quiet lad from Romania. The 'foreign lad' as his is being described locally as is decent. I heard he is in a bad way. My thoughts are with him

He's as sound as a pound, critical but stable condition for now. Wish him all the best, no one deserves that shít...

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Fair play, poor lad is here without family too. Imagine the call back home to his folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Nenagh Ormond hosting Cashel in All Ireland League game tonight. The club got an exemption so their bar is open for the night. Should be huge crowd at game considering first derby game in AIL to be held in Nenagh(previous 3 have been in Cashel)
    Kick off 7.30pm

Advertisement