Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dustyie

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    does anyone know anything about the houses in Dromin Village or when they are going for sale? Looking to buy in Nenagh and heard thats a really nice estate to go to.

I heard a good number of these house's were purchase for social housing recently, not sure switch housing associations , but i heard they have been given the funds to reduce the council housing list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Why isn't this town spelt Nayna?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Hey, I was just wondering what are the best "hidden" takeaways or restaurants in Nayna, as feargale'd say. I don't mean like your stereotypical chipper or the like, but more exotic flavours. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

dogcat wrote: »
    Hey, I was just wondering what are the best "hidden" takeaways or restaurants in Nayna, as feargale'd say. I don't mean like your stereotypical chipper or the like, but more exotic flavours. Thanks!

Your own kitchen, but don't try it with booze on you as it can be a real fire hazard.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Hi, now that Tipp has been reunited, like Germany and Vietnam, how come there are two capitals, like Bolivia, but unlike Germany and Vietnam? Where do the county councillors meet? Are there still two full administrative centres, one each in Nenagh and Clonmel as if nothing had happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is there still a North and South county final?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is there still a North and South county final?
    What are you on about? Finals in what?

Hurling. There used to be a North county final and a South county final

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

sligojoek wrote: »
    Hurling. There used to be a North county final and a South county final
    Do you mean divisional finals? Divisions play a part of the county championship. There has never been county finals for North and South.
    There is still divisional finals for North, South, West and Mid.

Sorry, that's what I meant. I was trying to be light hearted to the other poster but it seems to have gone ar$eways.

• Advertisement

Ah jaypurs lads, can we not ask about the amalgamation without the whole discussion turning on hurling? Do Tipp people never think of anything else?

Ive a good friend from Killenaule and as far as him and I are concerned it will always be two different counties.

What's happening with the new car-registration plates, post-reunification?

Do all new plates now bear T, instead of TN or TS?

Just T

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

feargale wrote: »
    Hi, now that Tipp has been reunited, like Germany and Vietnam, how come there are two capitals, like Bolivia, but unlike Germany and Vietnam? Where do the county councillors meet? Are there still two full administrative centres, one each in Nenagh and Clonmel as if nothing had happened?

Reunited? It's a bit more like Russia and Crimea. We have taken back South Tipp(reluctantly) and now we have our eyes on bits of Clare and maybe a little bit of Limerick. The BIFFO's have already taken part of north tipp but we have Michael Lowry working on getting that back!

Reunited? It's a bit more like Russia and Crimea. We have taken back South Tipp(reluctantly) and now we have our eyes on bits of Clare and maybe a little bit of Limerick. The BIFFO's have already taken part of north tipp but we have Michael Lowry working on getting that back!

Yes, South Offaly is in the Diocese of Killaloe, which presumably means it was part of the old O'Brien kingdom of Thomond. The Dioceses were largely based on old Gaelic sub-kingdoms, and were in turn relevant to the creation of the counties, Offaly and Laois were artificial creations. Kildare was created essentially out of the Diocese of Kildare, and Kilkenny out of Ossory, except that at the time the English were unable to subdue parts of both. The Plantation of Philip and Mary ( mid 1500s ) created Laois and Offaly mostly out of the leftover bits.
    As for Birr, Kinnitty etc. being in Offaly, these are in Killaloe and were in Thomond. I wonder if the planters took a covetous look at the good land in that locality and fooled some government agents into believing it was not in Tipperary but in the lands marked for plantation. It wouldn't be the first or last time that planters pulled a fast one.

Anyway, back to topic. How's the Anschluss coming along? Where does the new Tipperary County Council hold its monthly meetings? Alternately in Clonmel and Nenagh? Or in some intermediate place such as Cashel ( Tipperary's only city ) ? Are there still two fully functioning centres of administration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Hi folks, anyone know if martinsgarage.eu in nenagh are good to deal with? Pm if you don't want post on here. Any info appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭anheneti

vkid wrote: »
    Hi folks, anyone know if martinsgarage.eu in nenagh are good to deal with? Pm if you don't want post on here. Any info appreciated

Very good, I only started dealing with him about 12 months. Knows his stuff and seems to be reasonable price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

vkid wrote: »

Is that Martin near Centra? Found him very professional & nice to deal with. Car due NCT so we'll see ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

He's my go-to guy. I had a problem with my car for over a year before I went to him (other garages couldn't find a fault and I swear I thought I was going mad) and when I explained it to him he took it for 2 days and it was all sorted. He's pretty reasonable price wise too.

Though I should mention that a friend of mine went to him and it was a disaster. I don't know the ins and outs of it, just that he was very unimpressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Thanks all. Appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Biffo1991

Hi guys, also in relation to Martins Garage? Anyone dealt or had any running with him since previous posts? Any good feedback or negative? Also does anyone know if he has warranties on his cars as not stated on any ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Hello

Any recommendations on who to get to lay a concrete base for a new garden shed, 3m x 3m?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

Hi guys,

Any recommendations on where best to buy 2nd hand cars around Nenagh, in particular anyone able to review any of Declan McGraths stuff?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Ompala wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Any recommendations on where best to buy 2nd hand cars around Nenagh, in particular anyone able to review any of Declan McGraths stuff?

Thanks

The last car I bought was off Declan, can't fault it. Nice chap to deal with, although if you don't know him he comes off as a bit gruff. One of the lads I work with bought a good few cars from him over the years and never really came against any problems.

I'd say 90% of his stock is UK import, does tend to have high mileage, but he will stand over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Hi good people of Nenagh.
    I have to say this.....no SCREAM this.

The car park at Aldi/Woodies is A ONE WAY SYSTEM.

I'm fed up with people pulling out and honking at me when they are driving the wrong way, almost had a stand off with someone yesterday cos she wanted to drive against the traffic.:eek:

Follow the arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

tringle wrote: »
    Hi good people of Nenagh.
    I have to say this.....no SCREAM this.

The car park at Aldi/Woodies is A ONE WAY SYSTEM.

I'm fed up with people pulling out and honking at me when they are driving the wrong way, almost had a stand off with someone yesterday cos she wanted to drive against the traffic.:eek:

Follow the arrows.

I wouldn't advocate road rage but I could forgive it in that car park. The Centra car park is worse, it's like an obstacle course filled with angry, and shít drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

The mini roundabout at Alan Kelly's office does my wick, trying to get onto it from the top of Pearse St can be frustrating at the best of times- it is the opinion of this court that the vast majority of folk driving in Nenagh don't understand the rules of the road, or at least don't care for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

ibFoxer wrote: »
    The mini roundabout at Alan Kelly's office does my wick, trying to get onto it from the top of Pearse St can be frustrating at the best of times- it is the opinion of this court that the vast majority of folk driving in Nenagh don't understand the rules of the road, or at least don't care for them.

I'd say it's the latter. The attitude seems to be 'fùck it, everyone else is driving like a lunatic, if ya can't beat em...'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

GerB40 wrote: »
    I wouldn't advocate road rage but I could forgive it in that car park. The Centra car park is worse, it's like an obstacle course filled with angry, and shít drivers.

I agree with you about the Centra carpark, it should be in one way and out the other and the spaces are very tight. But the ALDI carpark is plenty big with enough room to manoeuvre....there is no reason to drive against the traffic.

Advertisement