Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Headshot wrote: »
    Makes my blood boil

https://www.tipperarylive.ie/news/news/626738/tipperary-gardai-investigating-report-of-swans-being-shot-outside-nenagh.html

"An incident in which several swans were shot dead outside Nenagh is being investigated by authorities."

****ing sickening, absolutely disgusting and hopefully they get this ****er

OMG that is just shocking, :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Are there any computer repair businesses open in Nenagh or surrounds, reccomendations would be helpful if you have them please..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

Are there any computer repair businesses open in Nenagh or surrounds, reccomendations would be helpful if you have them please..

We Repair on Pearse Street repaired a laptop for me a while back. They're open for business as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

Ormond AV in the business centre in Silver Street are good, and have customer parking which is always useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Nice boast for the town there this morning with the Firserv job announcement. More of the land over in streme getting developed. Now if only some more house could be built in some of the unfinished estates in the town for some of the staff to live there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Hopefully it’ll be a boost to the town. But they haven’t delivered half of the original 300 jobs announced yet.

Ireland doesn’t have the skill set to fill these jobs outside of Dublin.

In fairness those some skill sets are hard to find in dublin too. Many are looking to relocate from dublin too so hopefully the town will benefit. Theres a digital hub due to be built over there too. All postives to the town and surrounding areas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Hopefully it’ll be a boost to the town. But they haven’t delivered half of the original 300 jobs announced yet.

Ireland doesn’t have the skill set to fill these jobs outside of Dublin.

Apple in Cork can't seem to fill all their jobs from within Ireland but have managed to attract the workers needed, nonetheless.

It's not uncommon for people looking for work to travel to where jobs are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is that the place near woodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

fryup wrote: »
    is that the place near woodies?
    Yup.

• Advertisement

Ya there was drainage holes dug there in the last couple of months to the right hand side of the existing building
    There is also meant to be a digital hub going in over there too

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kefflin

Heading to a wedding this weekend in nenagh. Can someone recommend a good place for Sunday lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Andy's is good spot with great food.

https://www.facebook.com/andys.bar.71/

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Anyone recommend a roofer in the Nenagh area for slating a gazebo roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Any bars in Nenagh have live music these times? The abbey court hotel seems to have a lad tonight but it might be a backing track I fear! Last minute question :-D missed out on a kila gig as I researched too late :-(

Anyone know whats happening with the building accross the street ftom the FBD office seems to be work goinf on at it.

Also wish the authorities would do something about the organised begging. Seems to be at least 4 of them regularly begging on a sat now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Joey O'connor becoming Supervalu. I understand why they have sold their soul to the Musgrave group. For years he was sourcing products from Nisa Today (later Co op). Brexit kinda put an end to that, but he also carried a lot of products that most stores in Ireland wouldn't stock. Sugar Free Belgian chocolate for example.

Prices will now be dictated by Musgraves and have already rised. Only a small amount of locally produced food will be sold by them now.

The old supervalu rewards card is handy if your an online shopping lover. Through their partners you can earn loads of supervalu points like elverys, lifestyle sports asos, booking.com etc. Its the only time i shop in supervalu is when ive reward points built up and might be in thurles or roscrea. Any idea when that will be offical

It should work right now. The tills are SuperValu’s system so the rewards cards should be acceptable. new stock coming in is also SuperValu with their barcoded prices underneath. Hence the price of Coke Zero has gone from €1.40 to €1.65

it’ll transition slowly like Barry’s in Thurles. Planning permission was granted last year for alterations to the layout and demolition of parts of the store. In around 4 weeks it’ll be all SuperValu stock but the same old store

ironically both towns had SuperValu twice before. Thurles from 1995-2001, Nenagh in the mid 2000s.

Joey O’Connor also had the VG stores (what SuperValu and Centra were called back then) franchises In Nenagh and Thurles in the 1970s.

many theories why it didn’t work out in Thurles for him and the store was bought by Quinnsworth, becoming crazy prices in 1991 and Tesco in 1997 (though not rebranded fully to Tesco until 2001)

Musgraves bought the L&N chain of supermarkets from the Torrie family in Waterford. It had two stores in Tipperary (Tipp town and Thurles) and it became SuperValu for 6 years under McKevitts. McKevitt also rebranded Johnston’s on Liberty Square as Johnston’s SuperValu for a period of time.

Unfortantly for the people of Nenagh, the majority of products they purchase will cost more. They have no control over this, Musgraves do.

Supervalu isnt cheap alright i alway laugh at that finance show How to be good with money and every household on it are doing the weekly shop in supervalu even when they are trying to pay off debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just in case any Nenagh locals havent seen the thread on upgrading the Limerick - Nenagh - Ballybrophy Railway. It would be great if people could sign this petition and share it on with other Nenagh people who might also sign it.

We are in a position where we might have a half decent rail service for our town and the rest of North Tipperary over the the next few years. But we need to make some noise and make sure politicians, Irish Rail and the NTA hear peoples demand for better public transport. Please consider signing and get us over the 1000 signature mark.

https://my.uplift.ie/petitions/upgrade-and-invest-in-the-limerick-nenagh-ballybrophy-railway-line?source=twitter-share-button&utm_medium=myuplift&utm_source=twitter&share=793e2dea-1e56-4ab2-8e14-b2443ec0d8b8

Supervalu Thurles are now €1.45 for canned beverages. Musgraves are really taking the piss here.

O'connors will be the same with prices in the coming weeks. I always went to Joeys to support a local business, but with these price increases I'll be going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Anyone recommend a good cleaner in Nenagh? Looking for someone to do our house. It would be few hours every 2-3 weeks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Sr Lelia was my 6th class teacher in the st mary's convent primary.

She taught us to weave plaid, and to make a bag with the fabric we had produced.

We also learned a poem from her about this;

I always remember the poem this way - see below.

(I'm sure I am 90 percent correct but not 100 percent

so if anyone has any corrections to make, please do so)

Sr Leila was a great teacher.

A chameleon cannot be seen

when lounging, on a leaf of green.

He is a very clever fellow, invisible on flowers yellow.

On backgrounds, dotted, dappled, speckled,

his coat is most unusually freckled.

He has a wide superior grin,

so cleverly he'll change his skin!

For to drive, the chameleon spartan,

simply place him on a piece of tartan.

It makes the wretched mad,

to have to imitate scotch plaid.

🙂

Anyone know whe Apache pizza is opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Hi Lisa, it closes at midnight

Nenagh

Pearse Street, Nenagh 46 

E45XY92 County Tipperary

Open today16:00until00:00 

067 41902

More information

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Looking for a chair to be repaired and upholstered. Also looking for removable covers to be made for a couch. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Try john Quinn on Stafford street …his family own Quinn’s shop across from the Creamry ..if you pop in there one of the family will help you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dazkeogh

Getting to Nenagh from Dublin and back within same day via public transport????

Don't know about buses but the trains seem to have a poor offering.

Surely someone around here has an idea

Advertisement