Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about warranty on ipod touch bought in HMV

Options
  • 10-11-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I bought an itouch (4th generation) last May from HMV. Despite it having a hard case cover and everything, when I took it out of my bag the top left hand side of the screen had cracked and there are now cracks spreading down the sceen. It's still fully functional, but I was wondering if I can get it fixed/replaced under the year warranty?

If not should I just send it to apple to get it fixed? or do HMV have anything to do with repairing them?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

ciara1052 wrote: »
    I bought an itouch (4th generation) last May from HMV. Despite it having a hard case cover and everything, when I took it out of my bag the top left hand side of the screen had cracked and there are now cracks spreading down the sceen. It's still fully functional, but I was wondering if I can get it fixed/replaced under the year warranty?

If not should I just send it to apple to get it fixed? or do HMV have anything to do with repairing them?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area.

Thanks for any advice.
    My guess would be no,hardcase will not protect pressure on the screen,it just covers the outter body of the device excluding the screen,it just protects the device if it was dropped nd landed on its back or sides,unless with a flip front cover.
    Apples warrenty covers mainly manufacturer faults,regarding the screen,cracks generally happen if it was dropped or in your case when pressure has been applied be it ur pocket or n ur bag,it has happend to alot of friends nt just with ipods,but phones nd cameras
    U can try and send it back but id be suprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ciara1052 wrote: »

Contact Apple about repairing it, but it will cost you. Not as mush as buying a new iPod though, so it should be worth getting fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Does the case cover the front of the screen while not in use, i.e. a case that encases the whole iPod and makes it unusable?

If its one of those ones that just covers the back and sides, like the phones, it's not going to protect pressure from other objects while in a bag or when dropped (as mentioned above).

Advertisement