Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MDaemon SPF problem

Options
  • 10-11-2011 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    I have an SMTP mail server (MDaemon) behind an Edimax AR-7284WnA ADSL2 router. Lately, many incoming mails have been rejected due to SPF IP mismatch. When checking the logs, I found that all incoming messages are being marked as originating from my own public IP instead of the senders', which would explain the SPF rejection. I have checked the router and port forwarding for SMTP port 25 has been set up OK and is being directed to my mail server local IP. I don't see anything else unusual in the router setup.

I'm at the limits of my knowledge of such things now but I would have thought that the originator's IP should be passed through port forwarding. Is this a quirk with this particular router or am I missing something as I'm sure this is a fairly standard configuration.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement