Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin University Rifle Club 25 Yard Open 2011

• 10-11-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello from Dublin University Rifle Club,

I would like to invite you to the D.U.R.C PR60 Indoor Open in Rathdrum Rifle and Pistol Club on Thursday 17th and Sunday 20th November.

There is one detail on the 17th at 20:00 and three detail on the 20th, starting from 10:00.

Entry fee is €10.

If you would like to participate, please book through the Rathdrum Rifle and Pistol Club website at http://www.rathdrumrpc.org/

We hope to see you there.

Best regards,
    DURC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Already booked in. Surprised to see so many signed up already. Good sign. :) Hope to see plenty of you down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Its probably the last shoot of the year really!;), good to see a good turn out!!

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    Its probably the last shoot of the year really!;), good to see a good turn out!!

Aye, yourself and the other numpties coming down?

I think the words you were seaching for are "highly tuned athletes"!!:D
    and we are booked in so hopefully yes!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

i suppose with all that weight you have lost you wont hit the floor as hard!! :cool:

Ye missed a decent one last week. Would have certainly had plenty to abuse me over. :p Hoping next one goes better. May see about beating a few finely tuned athletes. :D

May see about beating a few finely tuned athletes. :D

Bring a big stick!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Ye missed a decent one last week. Would have certainly had plenty to abuse me over. :p Hoping next one goes better. May see about beating a few finely tuned athletes. :D

You not shooting in Rathdrum :confused::D

Looks like this has gotten really popular! Only five slots left on the first detail, and if they don't fill up, I'll be taking one and shooting twice.

• Advertisement

Looks like this has gotten really popular! Only five slots left on the first detail, and if they don't fill up, I'll be taking one and shooting twice.

Good idea Dave.........get your sighters out of the way on the first detail, and then try to get the sixty shots off on the next!! ;)

intershoot wrote: »
    Good idea Dave.........get your sighters out of the way on the first detail, and then try to get the sixty shots off on the next!! ;)

Weh weh weh. I was just thinking I couldn't possibly make a big enough tit of myself just on one detail. :p

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

18 people booked in now, 3 spots on the first detail left.

I'm sure we can fill those with a few from DURC.

It would be nice to fill the range. :)

IRLConor wrote: »
    18 people booked in now, 3 spots on the first detail left.

I'm sure we can fill those with a few from DURC.

It would be nice to fill the range. :)

Aye, looks like we're in for a full house!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DU Rifle Club

Due to demand another detail has been added at 2:30. Thanks to everyone who has already signed up.

Jasus........gonna have to look about B&B at this rate! :rolleyes:

Thanks to DURC, Kealan and Joe for running the shoot!!

Great days craic!!;)

Thanks to DURC, Kealan and Joe for running the shoot!!

Great days craic!!;)

aye...........same as what he said!! :P

Was he quiet on the drive hom intershoot? I'd say so. :p

Was he quiet on the drive hom intershoot? I'd say so. :p

Quiet?? Not a chance.........spent the whole trip tellin me it was all my fault, I was almost touching his box.....and it put him off :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

all my fault, I was almost touching his box.....and it put him off :rolleyes:

PMSL!, I was worried about "what" was going to touch me!!, your leg was that far over my firing point I thought you were going to try and spoon me!!:eek::D:D

Now there's an image I could do well without! Just compiled the results by the way, hopefully won't take long to get them in table form and online. Have 26 individual entries (Plus re-entries for some who just hadn't had enough fun in one detail) so it was a really successful match. Had everyone been present from the thursday detail and those who shot earlier and went home, the final cut off would have been 579, so not bad across the board. We're moving in the right direction anyway. It'll be 590+ to make finals in the next few years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DU Rifle Club

Thanks again to everyone who participated and helped out in the DURC Open.

Full results are posted here -

http://www.rifle.tcdlife.ie/results/Prone/2011/DURCOpen2011.pdf

Wow..........if Floydster hadn't made a hash of his first string he coulda caught me!!!

So sad........sniff sniff :D

Good advertisement for batch tested Lapua ammo though..........40 centre 10's! ;)

Wow..........if Floydster hadn't made a hash of his first string he coulda caught me!!!

So sad........sniff sniff :D

Good advertisement for batch tested Lapua ammo though..........40 centre 10's! ;)

LOL!!, and if I hadnt used a batch of Tenex to see how it went instead of my tried and tested Lapua who knows what would have happened!!;)

LOL!!, and if I hadnt used a batch of Tenex to see how it went instead of my tried and tested Lapua who knows what would have happened!!;)

Yeah yeah........and if you had been a girl you'd still be a whinging bitch!! :D

Very sexist comment!, it was good to see you perform so well at your last comp for the forseeable future!, by Daves reckoning by the time you return you'll have to shoot 590+ to make the finals!!:D

Very sexist comment!, it was good to see you perform so well at your last comp for the forseeable future!, by Daves reckoning by the time you return you'll have to shoot 590+ to make the finals!!:D

Bollox........the "best before" date on my Lapua will be well gone by that!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement