Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croissants in Cork

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey all. Moved to Cork last month and loving it so far. I've been able to find a lot of information from lurking around this forum so thanks to all of ye. The one thing Im missing since moving is a good crossiant in the morning. Ideally I'm looking for a bakery with a good selection in the Bishopstown area.

Any suggestions in or around the city would be fine too, its not a life or death matter. Any suggestions about must do's in the city would be great too, I've covered all the touristy things already which were great(even the visit to kc's and lennox's which were top of the list from people I asked).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Though you may laugh, Cuisine de France do decent croissants by Irish standards. The best I've tried other thant hat would be from Sugar cafe on washington street, which has recently closed for business, this cafe also supplied to the ABC bread shop in the English market. They also stopped selling the Pain Amande (ie: almond butter croissant)....:(

I'd say your best bet would be the cake shops in the market, Heavens Cakes. I haven't tried them but their stuff is usually excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Lidl have great fresh croissants etc.Not necessarily convenient but tasty! There's one in togher, I suppose it depends what part of B'Town your in if that's close or not

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Hey all. Moved to Cork last month and loving it so far. I've been able to find a lot of information from lurking around this forum so thanks to all of ye. The one thing Im missing since moving is a good crossiant in the morning. Ideally I'm looking for a bakery with a good selection in the Bishopstown area.

Any suggestions in or around the city would be fine too, its not a life or death matter. Any suggestions about must do's in the city would be great too, I've covered all the touristy things already which were great(even the visit to kc's and lennox's which were top of the list from people I asked).

Theres a little bakery type place after opening next to the bishopstown bar, looks like they might have what your after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I think there's a French Bakery on North main st ''The Daily Bread'' near Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

langdang wrote: »
    Lidl have great fresh croissants etc.Not necessarily convenient but tasty! There's one in togher, I suppose it depends what part of B'Town your in if that's close or not

+1
    Lidl in Togher's croissants are SCRUMPTIOUS and very reasonably priced..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pork U Pine

Thanks for the replies...will try these places next week. Lidl will be the first stop. Thanks again folks :-)

Advertisement