Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motocross/Enduro/Quads in Waterford

• 10-11-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

Looking into setting up a motocross track in Waterford with enduro course and quads in mind also. If insurance can be sorted and planning permission granted we are hoping to have this up and running by Paddys Day next. Do you think that there is a need for this or could it be a waste of time and money. Are there many of you that would use it or do you know of many off roaders .
    Like I said this is being looked at now and we have someone that would design the tracks so any feedback would be great

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I know a nice amount of lads down here that are into off-road fun.
    I was thinking bout getting an off-road bike for the craic but not many places to enjoy it here in hillview lol.
    Where are you thinking of putting it? I think its a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Out at the Airport business park where we are based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I think there is a similar track not far from Ross.
    I own an enduro myself and would have certainly a look as it's just around the corner from my place.
    Whether this is a viable business opportunity or not that I cannot tell.
    I imagine any kind of relatively pricey leisure business will find times difficult at the moment. I mean even the golf clubs are struggling and that's something for a presumably higher age average and those people tend to have a little more money then what I reckon would be your target clientele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

if its a good flowing somewhat challenging enduro track I know a good few guys who would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Deminiman

Did this ever materialise? Id definitely be interested, as would my friends.

• Advertisement

Not Yet. The council are being a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Was there not a Hare and Hound event beside the Waterford Airport Business Park only a couple of weeks ago?

Is this the site where you want to put the track?

Magown3 wrote: »
    Was there not a Hare and Hound event beside the Waterford Airport Business Park only a couple of weeks ago?

Is this the site where you want to put the track?
    Yes there was but that was a charity event with no planning permission needed. we used the land it was going to be built on and the event organisers had their own insurance in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Roadskill wrote: »
    Yes there was but that was a charity event with no planning permission needed. we used the land it was going to be built on and the event organisers had their own insurance in place.

Did you go to that event? How was it?

I was at the Tinahealy H&H the week before and got a flier for it but I couldn't make it as I busted one of my radiators in Tinahealy.

Magown3 wrote: »
    Did you go to that event? How was it?

I was at the Tinahealy H&H the week before and got a flier for it but I couldn't make it as I busted one of my radiators in Tinahealy.

Yeh I was there. I'll post some pics for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Surely someone didn't race that grizzly with the tracks???:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Deminiman

Is this the track advertised on done deal, open this weekend? If so this is GREAT to see!! Cant wait to head down with a few of the lads very soon.

Sure is ;)

Advertisement