Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Servicing Question

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

My house alarm needs to be serviced and the guy who used to do it for me for €50 has moved. Could anyone recommend a good company who services alarms and are reasonable?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I never knew a house alarm needed to be serviced...

How often do you get this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

It's recommended to get a yearly service :).

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Some companies recommend a service every 6 months and include it in their standard monitoring package.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is recommended plus if you are receiving a deduction on your home insurance for a EN50131 certified alarm then without this your insurance company may not pay out. A monitored alarm needs to be serviced twice a year to prevent faults and false alarms as it is a monitored system. Either way it is good to have it done at lease once a year, no point having a burglar test it for you :D

Advertisement