Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modified Cars Documentary

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I am part of a group of 4 media students from Colaiste Dhulaigh who are making a documentary about modified cars. In our documentary we hope to disprove the "boy racer" image that modified car enthuasists have in society and investigate the true side to the passion.

This weekend, on either Saturday or Sunday between sunrise and 5pm (weather permitting) I am looking to shoot a introduction sequence for our documentary. For it I need a aesthetically modified car (that is, a car modified on the exterior and interior aswell as the engine). The introduction sequence will be a series of shots of small details of the car (Wheels, bumper, rev counter, ect. Think Top Gear style shots) aswell as some shots of the whole car. Some movement may be required also such as tuning on the engine, turning on the lights, putting the car into gear ect. It will be shot on the Northside, possiably in Skerries or Bull Island and would take no longer than a hour and a half of your time.

I'm hoping one of the boardies might be interested in this. It is unpaid but we will provide you with a copy of the professional standard documentary, a thank you and mention in the credits and possibably a seperate edited video of just your car.

Jennifer Ryan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I am part of a group of 4 media students from Colaiste Dhulaigh who are making a documentary about modified cars. In our documentary we hope to disprove the "boy racer" image that modified car enthuasists have in society and investigate the true side to the passion.

This weekend, on either Saturday or Sunday between sunrise and 5pm (weather permitting) I am looking to shoot a introduction sequence for our documentary. For it I need a aesthetically modified car (that is, a car modified on the exterior and interior aswell as the engine). The introduction sequence will be a series of shots of small details of the car (Wheels, bumper, rev counter, ect. Think Top Gear style shots) aswell as some shots of the whole car. Some movement may be required also such as tuning on the engine, turning on the lights, putting the car into gear ect. It will be shot on the Northside, possiably in Skerries or Bull Island and would take no longer than a hour and a half of your time.

I'm hoping one of the boardies might be interested in this. It is unpaid but we will provide you with a copy of the professional standard documentary, a thank you and mention in the credits and possibably a seperate edited video of just your car.

Jennifer Ryan
    I'd be well up for this, I have a fair amount done to the exterior of my car! :)

scaled.php?server=689&filename=img1268nj.jpg&res=medium

And just so you know what's done to the exterior and what makes it look how it is:

De-reg'd front bumper
    Carbon fiber bonnet
    Carbon fiber grill
    Carbon fiber eye-lids
    Mugen front lip
    Cold air feed
    HID's
    White Bridgestone Downhill Specials alloys
    Carbon fiber Spoon Duckbill spoiler
    Tinted windows all round
    Coilovers (why it's so low)
    Top Fuel exhaust system, of which you can see the backbox
    Assorment of stickers, including new DOHC VTEC ones on both sides

If you want to know what else is done to the engine/interior just ask :)

I'll also give it a good clean and wax if you so choose to use my car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 conorL

His car's unreal. Gonna be hassling him for a photoshoot asap too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If you want to try get away from the media boy-racer image, its a good car to use (since its a civic done properly instead of the usual flame sticker sh!te). Cant go wrong!

Cant believe im endorsing a civic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Hi all.

That sounds great, thanks for replying so quickly everyone. Midnight I'll send you a private mail so we can swap numbers and organise when your free at the weekend.

Also Chinholio and Conor thanks for the endorsement! :)

Jen

• Advertisement

Hi all.

That sounds great, thanks for replying so quickly everyone. Midnight I'll send you a private mail so we can swap numbers and organise when your free at the weekend.

Also Chinholio and Conor thanks for the endorsement! :)

Jen
    Go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Probably not the best driver to use if you want to get away from the boy racer image.... :pac:

Just kidding! <3 Midnight_PG
    It's a lovely civic in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Just as long as you dont actually use him as an image to get away from the boyracer thing its alright!! :P

Best of luck with this. I'd offer up the Supra too, but meh. Couch is too comfy at the minute....:pac:

The master got in ahead of me!

Haha discriminating against poor Midnight! It's only the car I need to film anyway, so no worries about any image.

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

if you need another Jen give us a shout, mines like EG`s only its black :P oh and ive some cool camera mounts too for external shots :D mine and EGs go well together too

myfrontbright__dark.jpg
    Less the bear :D

minerearbright__dark.jpg

Projectgtr's car goes really well with mine actually...first car that was ever photographed with mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Jennifer Ryan

I was at the last one in Blanchardstown/Clarehall with Manic. We are to have a meet in Portlaoise then I think some of the members are meeting you in Balbriggan on Sunday?

Hi Focus. Yeah that was us in Clarehall. That's correct we are meeting some more of the drivers from Manic Motorz on Sunday evening in Balbriggan for interviews.

Project I'll send you a mail now.

Jen

Advertisement