Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this laptop a STEAL??

• 10-11-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Mate of mine is selling his acer aspire 5750 laptop.
    Specs
    I5 core processor
    8gb ram
    750 gb hd

It's only two months old and he's looking for 500 euro.
    Paid 800 for it in currys!
    What u think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Ye that's a good price alright for those specs, if your in the market for a laptop then id go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

crazyderk wrote: »
    Ye that's a good price alright for those specs, if your in the market for a laptop then id go for it

+1;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

sounds like a good deal to me. What happens if it develops a problem .. any warranty ...is it just a case of sold as seen ?

altho now I just re-read and see it was bought in currys .. dunno why I thought it read Cyprus .... *puts can down* :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Ya it still has ten months left on the warranty from currys. I presume I could use it even if I purchase it from him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

ccull123 wrote: »
    Ya it still has ten months left on the warranty from currys. I presume I could use it even if I purchase it from him??

if no names were exchanged at the time of sale I would think so...
    and if he is a good mate then maybe he could still claim ownership if something did arise.

• Advertisement

Would this be very quick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Which i5 processor is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Gally05

if u dont want it ill take it !!

Intel i5 2410M with TURBO BOOST! Up to 2.9 Ghz
    Is this good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

You can get the same one new for 500, only it has less ram, but a slightly faster processor. Ram is cheap as hell though

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750_1114404.html

Get him down to 400/450 OP.

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »
    You can get the same one new for 500, only it has less ram, but a slightly faster processor. Ram is cheap as hell though

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5750_1114404.html

Get him down to 400/450 OP.

If I were to purchase the laptop from saveon do I have to replace the old ram completely or is there additional ports to add it to the computer do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

If I were to purchase the laptop from saveon do I have to replace the old ram completely or is there additional ports to add it to the computer do you know?

Nope you just buy 4GB more and slot them in.

Great! thanks for the help. the laptop i have is ANCIENT!!! So do all new laptops come with additional ram slots if you want to add??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hang on a second. That machine has 2 slots for RAM. Who's to say the configuration is made up of 2 * 2GB sticks?

Hang on a second. That machine has 2 slots for RAM. Who's to say the configuration is made up of 2 * 2GB sticks?

Oh what have i started:)
    so do i take it that all laptops have as standards two slot for ram? If both are in use you can remove one or both and upgrade etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Most laptops will have two RAM slots, so unless otherwise stated you can take it as having only two.

As far as upgrading goes your best off replacing the RAM you have with entirely new RAM.
    So if you want to go from 2GB to 4GB, go buy a cheap(and I choose the most expensive 4GB DDR3 SO-DIMM kit) 4GB kit and remove the old RAM.

Dual channel RAM(which almost all RAM is) works best when running two chips of the same speed and size together.
    And since it's soooo cheap these days your best of getting the full kit when you upgrade.

Advertisement