Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy SII Will Not Power On!!!!

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi all,

Yesterday my Galaxy SII died half way thru an incoming call while ringing. It hadn't been charged the night before so I knew what the problem was an so I put it on charge! After ten minutes of putting it on charge I tried power it on and it wouldn't! After trying a few times I let it fully charge for four hours and tried again and still will not power on!

The charging battery picture light comes on when you plug it in and the phone even vibrated to say it was fully charged at 100% so I unplugged it and tried to power it again and still no joy!!

I tried removing the battery for an hour and tried again -> no joy. I tried had resetting it holding dowm the volume+ an menu button as well as power button and nothing!

This phone is only a month old so I tried calling Meteor and after waiting 20 minutes on the phone the call was dropped while listening to hold music!

Anyone else have similar problems with this phone?

One other thing I noticed from time to time which really annoyed me was when browsing contacts an if you hit the dial button my mistake on the touch screen the phone would go blank and keep ringing it would take a good few seconds to get the screen back to hang up!! very annoying.. All phones should have a proper call and hangup buttons after all it is a phone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The blank screen+constant ringing happened to me once. Reboot just fixed it, is a software bug.

As for your phone not powering on, that sounds pretty bad. You have tried all the normal things to get it started again, sounds like it's time to bring it into shop.

Advertisement