Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Stay Fit During the Winter?? Suggestions?

Options
  • 10-11-2011 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for ways I can keep fit during the winter?

I'm fairly athletic.. so I'd be up for some indoor sport. badminton or squash maybe?

Or a dancing class?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How about joining a gym?

There's a deal on grabone at the moment for a gym in Oranmore here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Pole-dancing seems to be popular.
    Why does it have to be indoors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Usually because of bad weather and darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I wholeheartedly suggest a zumba class...they are so much fun and you do work up a sweat (and release you inner Beyonce). There are classes pretty much all over Galway, I went to the ones with Monika in NUIG

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yoga. There's a few places about if you google.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Shovel snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Where are you based in Galway OP? Might help us suggest something a bit handier for you.

There is a boxercise class in Athenry every week night, while its not my cup of tea i've gone there a few times and it is a really good workout for both beginners and intermediates. It has a nice even mix of men to women aswell which I know can be a large factor in choosing a class to some. The classes are an hour, first 30 focus on a large amount of varying exercises and the last half focuses on boxing techniques which I must say was great craic with the trainer!

If you're interested I can find out the details and send them on, same goes for anyone else reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hey just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for ways I can keep fit during the winter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

get out for a run:)

http://www.galwaycityharriers.com/category/senior/fit4life

or there are club level training sessions also if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

for me itll be squash,gym,running & soccer

so 2 indoor, 2 outdoor unfortunately, running is fine is the cold, playing football could be better :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Indoor bootcamp classes in Oranmore, Maree and Claddagh. Zumba is also available

http://www.revibe.ie/?p=111

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Pick up Karate over at Craven House with Sensei Ryan in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lapping in Leisureland's pool
    http://www.leisureland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

if you would be interested in a dance class it is something i would highly recommend for keeping fit.something like zumba, salsa, hip hop, freestyle etc... these are great for keeping fit and are also so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

I wholeheartedly suggest a zumba class...they are so much fun and you do work up a sweat (and release you inner Beyonce). There are classes pretty much all over Galway, I went to the ones with Monika in NUIG

Zumba Hey!! Great fun :D

Advertisement