Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for restaurant for Sunday lunch that is not child friendly and is romantic.

Options
  • 10-11-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

My husband and I are looking for a place for lunch on an upcoming Sunday that does not have lots of lot of children around and that is romantic - are children will be with their aunt and uncle and we will miss them enough without seeing other babies. If anone has any suggesiions in the Dublin/Kildare area I would be greatful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

The Ballymore Inn in Ballymore Eustace is gorgeous. Their restaurant does Sunday lunch from 12 to 3pm and it tends not to be overpopulated with children; families seem to wait until the back bar (cheaper & more casual) opens at 3 and eat there.

It ain't cheap but the food is absolutely fantastic.

In fairness, you're not going to find anywhere that has a "no children allowed" policy, it is lunch, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Redbank in Skerries would certainly fit the bill. Sunday lunch is special there. Good deals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Locks brasserie should be on the list too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

I'd suggest the village at lyons, but I'm not sure if you'll get a table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i would 2nd that, village at lyons. havent eaten there under the new management but it used to be very good. the setting is very romantic imho.
    the k club also, eat there recently and the food is very high standard. The setting is also romantic.
    sunday lunch anywhere is a bit hit and miss if you are tying to avoid children but you may be less likely to find them in these two places.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dobbins do a really good Sunday lunch, I'm going to try it myself soon. I wouldn't imagine there would be many children running around http://www.dobbins.ie/restaurant/sample-sunday-lunch_menu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Dobbins do a really good Sunday lunch, I'm going to try it myself soon. I wouldn't imagine there would be many children running around http://www.dobbins.ie/restaurant/sample-sunday-lunch_menu.html
    This looks good, my husband proposed there many years ago so it would have the romance factor - 14 years since our first date on the 16th of this month :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

CathyMoran wrote: »
    This looks good, my husband proposed there many years ago so it would have the romance factor - 14 years since our first date on the 16th of this month :)

Sounds like the place to go then! You can relive the moment. If you do go, I'd love to hear how the food was.
    My daughter's been trying to get us to go for Sunday lunch there for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

i would 2nd that, village at lyons. havent eaten there under the new management but it used to be very good. the setting is very romantic imho.
    the k club also, eat there recently and the food is very high standard. The setting is also romantic.
    sunday lunch anywhere is a bit hit and miss if you are tying to avoid children but you may be less likely to find them in these two places.

Was gonna say Village at Lyons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Village of Lyons would be ideal but I have seen children and infants there before. You need to ring them for a table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Go into the Conrad Hotel maybe for a treat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

One Pico. Best in Dublin and I've tried them all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Dobbins was lovely in the end, highlight was the amazing starter.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Dobbins was lovely in the end, highlight was the amazing starter.

We finally went last Sunday - the food was fabulous :)

Advertisement