Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Games that would suit couples??

Options
  • 10-11-2011 5:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a couple of games I could enjoy with my other half as she's not into Fifa / MW3 etc.

She likes strategic games maybe role-playing based games.

Was hoping to buy some we could both enjoy, doesnt have to be 2 player.

I'm not up to date with the latest games so any reccomendations would be cool. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Portal 2 is a great co-op game....

Surprisingly, so is Gears Of War 3, maybe try Portal 2 and wean her onto gears.... :p

Then you might not get her off MW3....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Skyrim is out tomorrow. Role playing game with very strong story and very well realised world (I expect), as well as very enjoyable gameplay.

I played darksiders through with a girl who liked it a lot. Great graphics/animation, enjoyable varied gameplay and puzzles. Might or might not be her cup of tea.

Tropico is a funny strategy game where you are el presidente of a banana republic on an island, which is good fun imo, though I dont know if it would be any fun for the person watching.

Assassin's Creed games might appeal to her.

All of those are one player games.

+1 for portal 2 also - that's two player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Portal has to be the no.1 choice here!

not sure, maybe some sort of mystery RPG or something, maybe even those CSI games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 matthew12

Final fantasy is quite a good role playing game although i am not sure if it a co-op game. Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

An x girlfriend of mine actually loved playing HALO 3 co-op with me!
    From having no interest at all I got her to play a few games, eventually she got kinda addicted to the extent were she would take me to pieces in multiplayer games......needless to say she had to go :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    An x girlfriend of mine actually loved playing HALO 3 co-op with me!
    From having no interest at all I got her to play a few games, eventually she got kinda addicted to the extent were she would take me to pieces in multiplayer games......needless to say she had to go :cool:

Wife her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

matthew12 wrote: »
    Final fantasy is quite a good role playing game although i am not sure if it a co-op game. Hope that helps
    This is a filthy lie. FF13 is one of the biggest flops of a game ever released though not comerically, SE could write final fantasy on a piece of ****(which they did with 13) and it will sell millions of units..

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

My misses loves this - 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures2
    http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14278349.html

Also Braid, Trials HD .. actually a lot of XBLA games funny enough (which is cheap for moi)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have managed to get my GF going from hating videogames to really liking certain ones- in particular the guitar hero and band hero games. She also quite likes watching me play Civ Rev and helping me plan out stuff, so that's kind of fun... There's also stuff like Hexic, tetris, mini-golf; all those kind of games for download on live, and it's kind of like they can act like a bit of a gateway game... ;)

Sadly I'm on my own entirely for Halo, the Fable games, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Others have made suggestions, but I'll stick to a list of games where there are 2 characters controllable and aren't all about war/killing.

I'd recommend most of the LEGO games - try Batman first, but the rest - star wars/harry potter/pirates/Indiana are good too.

Plenty of other games like this:

On XBLA
    - castle crashers
    - Lara Croft (guardians of something I think)
    - Crimson Alliance (I haven't played this but seems to get good reviews)

DVD
    - Dungeon siege III (good fun with 2 players on the couch)
    - Quite a few of the movie tie-ins aren't bad - we enjoyed Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and UP for example.
    - Both Fable II & Fable III
    - Viva Pinata (TIP)

Other games that seem to have the largest appeal to ladies on xbox tend to be things like Keflings, Card games (like UNO) and the varios puzzlers like bejeweled/peggle etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Forza - or any racing game.

My GF loves that, getting the chance to see who it the better driver and all that (me of course*), she's not into any other games really.

*on xbox it's me anyway... real life though... yeah that's me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Fight Night

Get your anger out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

You could try Scene It i got this off another boardsie on adverts as part of a bundle. I was actually only interested in another game but this came with it and ended up enjoying this much more.

There are a couple of other games at the bottom of that page that might work for you too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Rockband/Guitar Hero defo!
    Rockband has guitar/drums/mic with it and has a Beatles version :D
    Guitar Hero has a massive variety as well though too.
    If she's a music lover these are the games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I agree Scene It are great games for non-gamers.

If you have Kinect try Fruit Ninja, it's good fun and accessible for everyone.

Advertisement