Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Personal Issues

Options
  • 10-11-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I feel I've been banned rather unfairly from Personal Issues. The original poster in the thread I was banned from was being treated pretty shoddily in my opinion and I tried to defend him. I wasn't abusive and I didn't attack anyone on it but I was swiftly banned. Is there anyway this can be overturned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I can't find any post by you in Personal Issues. Do you remember which thread it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

nesf wrote: »
    I can't find any post by you in Personal Issues. Do you remember which thread it was?

It was in relationships it was entitled 'marriage over?' I think…

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

It was RI (matching PI ban)

Thread here.
    Post here.

Taltos wrote: »
    It was RI (matching PI ban)

Thread here.
    Post here.

I'm struggling to see why there was a ban here. The OP was subject to many posts which I'd consider unhelpful yet only the poster commenting on the anti-male bias which is evident is infracted and banned. I think commenting on a perceived bias in the thread is relevant in this thread given the biased nature of some of the responses (especially those directly contradicting the OP's post and saying that if the wife came on we'd get a completely different story) however, commenting on the bias of the entire forum is going too far.

I'd appreciate it if the mods could PM me their justification for the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sending PM now

• Advertisement

Ban lifted, replaced with a warning. Thread done from my perspective.

Advertisement