Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 Weapon Setup (and questions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

416 is better at distance, Scar close up is lethal.

Using the AEK now for Assault and A91 for engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

F2000 or aek depending on my mood.

M4a1 for engineer is the best choice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Scar-H, IR-Scope, Silencer: Utterly lethal on tighter maps. The fact that you can take out/repair tanks is a bonus.

I haven't gotten it yet but the F2000 seems brokenly powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

There's some leaflet in my game case mentioning a free unlock of the m1911. Is it worth signing up to this ea.gunclub rubbish for it?

There's some leaflet in my game case mentioning a free unlock of the m1911. Is it worth signing up to this ea.gunclub rubbish for it?

Do you like more guns? if its free yeah its worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Signing up only takes a second and it's a very nice pistol. Good damage, accurate, average rate of fire. You get the tac. and suppressed versions free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I feel like I shouldnt say until ive unlocked everything, but feck it

A91: silencer, IR scope,

m249: fore grip, extended mag, IR scope

AEK: foregrip, flashlight, IR scope

M40: bipod

AEK is my favourite, very deadly weapon. good accuracy and damage

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Krieg wrote: »
    I feel like I shouldnt say until ive unlocked everything, but feck it

A91: silencer, IR scope,

m249: fore grip, extended mag, IR scope

AEK: foregrip, flashlight, IR scope

M40: bipod

AEK is my favourite, very deadly weapon. good accuracy and damage

Only just unlocked the AEK but with the first scope i find it not great . i love the m240 though over the m249

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just unlocked the F2000 and it's a beast of a gun :eek: Absolutely brilliant for maps like Metro and Grand Bazaar.
    Upto then I was using the HK416 with IR scope+ heavy barrel + foregrip.

Assault class is really awesome...some great guns couple with "predator vision" scope and your k/d ration goes through the roof...
    Seine crossing last night got 29 kills/ 5 deaths or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Just unlocked the F2000 and it's a beast of a gun :eek: Absolutely brilliant for maps like Metro and Grand Bazaar.
    We know. We found that out last night. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Maybe they felt sorry for making it uter crap in bf2 and BC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

im not getting to play it that much but im a Gunnery Sergeant 1 Star what ever level that is , engineer is my favourite class followd by assault

A-91 is my favourite with heavy barrell , hand grip and holo sight , its deadly at close and medium ranges ,

M16 or Hk416 at long range distance

cant get the hang of the recon classes , have hardly played with them , and the M249 has no punch at all you need to put a shed load of rounds into an enemy to kill him with it

favourite vehicle is the AA Tank , its brilliant at taking down planes and heli's and infantry

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Engineer:

G36C+grip+heavy barrel+normal red dot ( I know irv scope is great, but I feel like an ass using it and I want to see bf3 world now in green...)

Rpg

Mines

I call it selfish prick without a spanner spec. Great for surviving, but really selfish :(.

Assault:

F2000+grip+heavy barrel + red dot

I hate f2000, because after it all weapons are ****...

Med back and ress tool.

Engineer:

G36C+grip+heavy barrel+normal red dot ( I know irv scope is great, but I feel like an ass using it and I want to see bf3 world now in green...)

Rpg

Mines

I call it selfish prick without a spanner spec. Great for surviving, but really selfish :(.

Assault:

F2000+grip+heavy barrel + red dot

I hate f2000, because after it all weapons are ****...

Med back and ress tool.

how do you unlock the F2000 what rank are you at ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

how do you unlock the F2000
    An assault score of 124,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Now this isn't taking recoil into account but according to the chart by the OP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag42gMGK9WrwdHRfa0JhdW9TR1E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&type=view&gid=13&f=true&sortcolid=2&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Those are roughly the top guns, in order of dps

Support - M240B
    Engineer - SCAR-H
    Assault - F2000

That should work even taking into account 2 tap bursts

ugh don't want to be a nerd about this game, but time to get that f2000

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My rank is still only 30, but f2000 is about half way in assault spec. Someone already mentioned how many points for it.

Great great great weapon.

It must be its normally the one I'm killed by
    :(
    I don't understand how when you come up behind some guys and lash them with a machine gun and they are still able to turn around and kill me , is there body armour you can unlock ??? Other than a flack jacket for protection from explosives????

My rank is still only 30, but f2000 is about half way in assault spec. Someone already mentioned how many points for it.

Great great great weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Haven't unlocked the F2000, and hate the SCAR H for some reason.

Love the M4A1 for Engi, and M416 for assault.

Never use scopes - reflex or holo with foregrip is the way to go.

Use the extra nade or Explosive perk when Engi for extra rockets and mines.

Usually switch my camo to suit the map too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Assault-F2000, shock paddles and med-kit.
    Engie-G36C(loved it on BF2), mines, rpg with squad explosives.
    Support-M60(m2408 had to much of a kick), C4
    Recon-PDW,tugs, spawn beacon

Everyone of the weapons with the IR or reflex scope, handle grip and suppressor. Lethal combo short to medium range.
    Squad ammo for all except the engie kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I change my set up all the time depending on what map I am playing, what mode, what part of each map (on Rush), how the game is fairing out and just change for the sake of it.

Bothers me that some people keep the same loadout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I generally stick the suppressors on any guns that have it unlocked. Regular iron sights for the AKs too. I just find them much better than any of the holo/red dot sights. Actually, I only ever use additional sights on weapons when I find the stock sights obscure too much view.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I generally stick the suppressors on any guns that have it unlocked. Regular iron sights for the AKs too. I just find them much better than any of the holo/red dot sights. Actually, I only ever use additional sights on weapons when I find the stock sights obscure too much view.

Using a RDS actually reduces the time it takes to aim down the sights.
    Keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Engineer; SCAR (with laser dot), RPG, and mines - I'm rarely behind a tank, so don't repair unless asked to do so. Unlocked the M4, but I really hate burst fire, so won't be using it at all.

Sniping; SKS, SV98 or SVD for sniping. Really depends on the mood, and what unlock comes up next. I think I have a x4 scope for the SV98 so use that on Seine Crossing, and a few other "outside" maps. Random sidearm, but most often the G17C. Sometimes use the M1911 suppressed and SKS with the flash suppressor add-on item for close quarters sniping, but usually prefer a decent range. Must try to get the x12 ballistic scope for the SV98, though :D

Ammo packs, and a Type 88 LMG for support. Recently got C4, and plan to devastate the landscape with it :D Hope to get a better scrope for the LMG, though, so I can snipe with it :P

Looking forward to reaching Rank 16 for the UMP, as it's handy in Metro and other close combat maps.

Rarely if ever play medic. As I play up front, if someone is dead, reviving gets me killed :(

the_syco wrote: »

Ammo packs, and a Type 88 LMG for support. Recently got C4, and plan to devastate the landscape with it :D Hope to get a better scrope for the LMG, though, so I can snipe with it :P

C4 is a joyous thing, on TIG last night someone was inside a portacabin defending B. I was outside and remembered i had C4 :D Wheres your building now lads :D

Ok I've changed my mind a bit ,

The SV98 sniper rifle with straight pull bolt 4x acog sight (. So they can't see the glint from the scope)and a silencer they will never see it coming :D

Really hate the fact that the more powerful scopes give away your location :(

Advertisement