Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build Phone connection

Options
  • 10-11-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,

Thanks to all the advice from boardies i am now in my new build.

I was thinking at this stage of installing a phone line. I have ducting etc in place. My question is that if eircom install the line (As i presume only they can) i'm i obliged to take my service from them or can i immediately shift to the likes of vodafone for my telephone/broadband service?

Any advice from people would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Having just done this myself, we had to lay the ducting from the mainroad ( but eirom supplied the ducting & any boxes). This duct is then for Eircoms exclusive use. If youve installed your own ducting then they dont have that right.

Regardsless, once you get a new line, which can only be done by Eircom, you have to stay in contract with Eircom for 12 months, only after that can you switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Not really for the C & P forum so I'll move it to the consumer issues forum and leave a redirect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Having just done this myself, we had to lay the ducting from the mainroad ( but eirom supplied the ducting & any boxes). This duct is then for Eircoms exclusive use. If youve installed your own ducting then they dont have that right.

Regardsless, once you get a new line, which can only be done by Eircom, you have to stay in contract with Eircom for 12 months, only after that can you switch.
    You dont have to stay in Contract with Eircom but they may charge you an early termination fee which is just about equal to the old line connection fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Or you can pay the connection fee and move once its connected once you don't sign up to any Offers or contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Hi all,

My question is that if eircom install the line (As i presume only they can) i'm i obliged to take my service from them or can i immediately shift to the likes of vodafone for my telephone/broadband service?

Any advice from people would be greatly appreciated.

From the eircom website: http://www.eircom.net/productsServices/pstn/?WT.mc_id=IEProd_Phone/

"For lines provided on or after the 22nd August 2011, a minimum term contract of twelve months applies from the completion of your order. Customers subject to a minimum term contract will be liable for, and agree to pay to eircom, a termination charge if the Agreement is terminated during the relevant minimum period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - moved to Nets & Comms

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

You can order a line from any of the providers (eircom will end up supplying it) but you will be subject to at least a 12 month contract with whoever you go with.

Advertisement