Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abobo's Big Adventure

Options
  • 10-11-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

This is a trailer for the game starring a thug from Double Dragon, the Old Man from Zelda, Death from Castlevania (amongst other Nes characters), played on levels from Megaman and Mario (amongst others). Its completely real, going to be free and looks awesome:D:

To be released here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

This is out! Only on second level but so far its great. Faught the likes of
    goombas
    and
    donkey kong
    on the first, Double Dragon-style, level, now swimming around a mario underwater level swallowing and spitting enemies like yoshi :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finished it. It's not bad. The megaman controls being all kinds of wrong annoyed me but I've played far too much megaman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

oh; kewl always wanted be a bobo ever since that time my kid brother shat his pants in pontins n I wouldn't take him back to the chalet cos I was too immersed in double dragon

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

got stuck on the zelda level I glitched over some lava I dont think I was allowed to cross by design but I managed to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Got to the megaman part and found myself dying instantly to lazer beams - Figured it was time to just stop right there, wasn't a fan of Mega Man anyways once I moved on from the NES.
    We can't be friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Another fanmade game along the idea of Abobo: Super Mario Crossover:

You play through Super Mario Bros on the NES, however with characters like Megaman, Link, Samus, Simon Belmont etc who play as they do in their own 8-bit era games. Playable here.

An update/sequel with two more characters and the ability to play in either Super Mario Bros or Super Mario World style graphics is coming out later this year:

Advertisement