Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Tour

Options
  • 10-11-2011 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

Slayer have just announced that they will be playing a new festival "All Tomorrows Parties" at London Alexandra Palace on May 25th.

They'll be performing 'Reign in Blood' in it's entirity :D:D

Linky : http://www.atpfestival.com/newsview/1111091500.php

All we need now is a Dublin date ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

scudzilla wrote: »
    All we need now is a Dublin date ;)

Or a flight to London? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not exactly a new festival. Read its on for 3 days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    Not exactly a new festival. Read its on for 3 days too.

Well it's new to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

If there's no Dublin date i'll definitely head over for this. RIB in its entirety,fcuk me!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd love to go over for this if they don't play here. Doubt I'd be able to though :(

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    If there's no Dublin date i'll definitely head over for this. RIB in its entirety,fcuk me!!

Was thinking the exact same thing, but then Metallica had to be little bolloxes and announce Download, won't be able to do both, but then again, i have just had a cunning plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

and Sleep supporting them:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think I shall be going to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Oh fuck yes! Who'd have that one would need greater incentive go to a Slayer concert?

Nailz wrote: »
    Oh fuck yes! Who'd have that one would need greater incentive go to a Slayer concert?

I've not really heard of these guys before, can ya give me a clue on what to youtube?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Funny enough Kerrang magazine has a list this week of their 50th heaviest albums of all time, it's a fairly decent list with minimal crap (strange for that particular publication) and Slayer are No 1 while Sleep are a solid No 17 with Dopesmoker

Reign in Blood naturally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've not really heard of these guys before, can ya give me a clue on what to youtube?

Pretty bizarre support for Slayer. Unless I'm thinking of a different Sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

it's a Festival - they aren't supports for Slayer, and to be honest it's Slayer that are a different choice for this one....the Melvins are on the same day as Slayer I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Slayer thread?!!

That's a rarity but tbh so is metal at ATP I attended one a few yr back to see Suicide primarily but it is definitely typically more uh.. bohemian orientated let's just leave hipster aside for now. as slayer are playing

I would love to see Slayer again, they were excellent at Sonisphere...even with Gary Holt

Hadn't seen them since 2003 before that, how time flies:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

seen em play in the Apollo in 2004 twice and they played Reign in Blood in its entirity. was unreal! Met Kerry King in Dublin in 2005 :)

I think they can't be bothered w/ here since the SFX got reduced to rubble. anything else is just too plush

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

yupyup7up wrote: »
    seen em play in the Apollo in 2004 twice and they played Reign in Blood in its entirity. was unreal! Met Kerry King in Dublin in 2005 :)

I was at both those gigs, they didnt play the album in entirity. They had a sprinkler system set up for raining blood and shone red light through the water to create the illusion it was raining blood which was fairly cool.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    I think they can't be bothered w/ here since the SFX got reduced to rubble. anything else is just too plush

In fairness I remember them playing the Ambassador over 2 nights being supported by Mastodon...can't be sure when that was now, but I was out of Dublin at the time so didn't go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I was at both those gigs, they didnt play the album in entirity. They had a sprinkler system set up for raining blood and shone red light through the water to create the illusion it was raining blood which was fairly cool.

I think I saw 'em in the Ambassador years ago.....? Can't remember tbh. I think Bostaph was with them at the time......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

slayer fanatic here :D .

i think we are defo due a tour date at this stage they have completely skipped us on this this new album tour so far .luckily i did get to a birmingham show for the tour ,ive seen em 10 times now and still hungry for more .they are at present also in the writing process for the next album .

ive met them all but lombardo and tom .when i met em bastoph was with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

In fairness I remember them playing the Ambassador over 2 nights being supported by Mastodon...can't be sure when that was now, but I was out of Dublin at the time so didn't go

Yeah that was 2005. Brutal moshing goin on at them twas great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Very appropriate for the time of year. Would love to this to my gaff but i think my neighbours may have some issues with it!:D

attended the 2nd night. Mastadon bored my tits off but araya could still mosh. could he ever I just hogged the speaker on hannamans side was a nice change from the other place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Mmmmm
    IMG_3911.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

attended the 2nd night. Mastadon bored my tits off but araya could still mosh. could he ever I just hogged the speaker on hannamans side was a nice change from the other place

Can't remember which night I saw them there, but I almost got squashed to bits at the start of "Reign In Blood". Just before it gets heavy..........a bouncer yanked my chair out from the front of the stage - hadn't a f**king clue what was happening!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

id have to agree,mastadon do nothing for me very boring, most songs sound similar .but i attended both night s and abosolutly enjoyed every minit of slayer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

That was my first time seeing Slayer, I was only about 16. Savage gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

****e probably mixing it up with the Dublin gig so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Testament1 wrote: »
    That was my first time seeing Slayer, I was only about 16. Savage gig!

Same, brilliant gig

Advertisement