Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I just saw this on the official store, brilliant

slayer_condom_img.png
    For when you’re going South of Heaven! Each Slayer Custom Condom "matchbook" holds 1 Durex latex condom. Available as a 3-pack or 6-pack.

http://store.slayer.net/shop.cfm/pk/category/ac/detail/cid/401439/prodid/469270

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

There's a whole load of tasteless jokes involving Raining Blood that i could use after seeing that but i won't go there!:pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

slayer_condom_img.png
    Is that a big feckin staple through the condom packet? :eek:

kbannon wrote: »
    Is that a big feckin staple through the condom packet? :eek:

No, I think it's to keep the matchbook effect in place, you would slide the condom into the book and just let it sit above the staple....to put a staple through it would cause serious problems;)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

savage just got told today im going to this for my birthday :D:D:D:D .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Slayer releasing this for Paddy's Day

12slayerstpattysday.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It just clicked with me that I'm going to this particular show... They are going to play reign in blood in it's entirity? I may cry with happiness.

they sure are steve,ill join you in that cry.will be amazing

Not directly Slayer related but worth the watch. Footage from a Drum Clinic with Dave Lombardo. I'm a Lombardo fanboy so thoroughly enjoyed these,hopefully others will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    Not directly Slayer related but worth the watch. Footage from a Drum Clinic with Dave Lombardo. I'm a Lombardo fanboy so thoroughly enjoyed these,hopefully others will too.

Were you at Donington when Lars had his 'episode' and didn't show up? Was amazing, i've never heard Battery played so hard and fast as when Lombardo was on the kit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 goldiex99

slayer! idc.. lov 'em

scudzilla wrote: »
    Were you at Donington when Lars had his 'episode' and didn't show up? Was amazing, i've never heard Battery played so hard and fast as when Lombardo was on the kit.

The one:

I bet the lads we're like, "Ah so this is what its meant to sound like".

scudzilla wrote: »

Sadly i wasn't. DrumSteve has posted it above for those who never seen it(and worth the watch again for those that have). Brilliant to see the aggression on the drums to match the fury of the guitars. That's how it should sound.

Sadly i wasn't. DrumSteve has posted it above for those who never seen it(and worth the watch again for those that have). Brilliant to see the aggression on the drums to match the fury of the guitars. That's how it should sound.

I actually thought they should have tried to hire Lombardo after that, felt Joey went a bit overboard with his playing, but TBF he was playing with the biggets metal band on the planet and probably wanted to show off his chops.

Ulrich would never be let go from Metallica and Lombardo would never walk away from Slayer. Metallica have 'adapted' their sound and speed to compensate for Ulrich. Slayer still play with the same aggression and speed that they've always done,arguably Lombardo getting better with age.

Great that the opportunity came about though as i'm sure many Metallica fans have dreamed of what they would be like with Lombardo on drums for them. At least that show is there for posterity.

Also,imagine they swapped it around,Lars to Slayer and Lombardo to Metallica,Kerry King and Lars Ulrich in the same band!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Ulrich would never be let go from Metallica and Lombardo would never walk away from Slayer. Metallica have 'adapted' their sound and speed to compensate for Ulrich. Slayer still play with the same aggression and speed that they've always done,arguably Lombardo getting better with age.

Great that the opportunity came about though as i'm sure many Metallica fans have dreamed of what they would be like with Lombardo on drums for them. At least that show is there for posterity.

Also,imagine they swapped it around,Lars to Slayer and Lombardo to Metallica,Kerry King and Lars Ulrich in the same band!:eek::eek:

there would be a lot less bitching about Metallica and a lot more about Slayer if they swapped drummers, besides I don't think Dave Lombardo would want to have walked into that environment.........watched him closely at Sonisphere last year and he's just so so good, Slayer are a very different beast to Metallica too, not nearly as sloppy, still seem to enjoy their job......

gotta say when I see a thread like this updating and then see it's nothing to do with Slayer touring......it's disappointing - maybe the thread name should be changed...

NIBBS wrote: »
    gotta say when I see a thread like this updating and then see it's nothing to do with Slayer touring......it's disappointing - maybe the thread name should be changed...

That was mainly my fault for going off on a tangent about Lombardo.

Had hoped they'd maybe add an Irish date this summer as i won't get to see them around Europe but looks like we're out of luck. Would love to see them play RIB in its entirety but the timing of the London show was bad for me. :(

DrumSteve wrote: »
    The one:

I bet the lads we're like, "Ah so this is what its meant to sound like".

apart from lombardo's amazing drumming ,that was utter s**t .

I have seen metallica once live and i have to say they are one of the worst live acts ever for such a popular band.hetfield sounds terrible any time i hear him and the sound is always s**t.they are so sloppy and make mistakes on purpose thinking its funny.they are a big joke.

back to the point ,cant wait for this slayer show :D:D:D:D:D

Ulrich needs to leave Metallica so that Lombardo can join, that's how I see it

Maybe Ulrich could take more of an advisory and managerial role since he keeps saying in interviews recently that's his biggest concern. Obviously Ulrich could still contribute in some way to writing credits and maybe record some studio material, but live Lombardo would bring a new energy to the band

All this, of course, is dreaming....:cool:

Ulrich needs to leave Metallica so that Lombardo can join, that's how I see it

Maybe Ulrich could take more of an advisory and managerial role since he keeps saying in interviews recently that's his biggest concern. Obviously Ulrich could still contribute in some way to writing credits and maybe record some studio material, but live Lombardo would bring a new energy to the band

All this, of course, is dreaming....:cool:

Actually a drummer I would like to come in and see take over from Ulrich would be Jason Bittner from Shadows Fall... I'd say he could do a good Jerb there.

really looking forward to this show now tbh I have a feeling this one will rival rammstein. Although if they are playing Reign in Blood in full, it's gonna be a short show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

arguably Lombardo getting better with age.

no argument here, what I'm surprised at is a drummer only really mastering his trade into his fifties where his forte is stamina / speed... impact included. Fastest/most energetic, wtf I thought this can only decrease.

Question is have any of today's lightweights got 30+yr to realize their potential of playing that relatively laid back fag shìt more expansively, maybe.. incorporate a new cymbal or something. introduce some progressive jazz to their sound because there's no point trying to outgun the maniacal generation of 'yesteryear' .. Hoo-ah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

That was mainly my fault for going off on a tangent about Lombardo.

Had hoped they'd maybe add an Irish date this summer as i won't get to see them around Europe but looks like we're out of luck. Would love to see them play RIB in its entirety but the timing of the London show was bad for me. :(

it's always your fault dude ;-)

yeah same here, as I'm already heading away twice this year to Fests (one on the herself's b'day) it would be kinda bad if I went to another on out wedding anniversary too.....was hoping they'd get added to Download but looks like they are headlining Bloodstock - so unless the Lotto win comes through I won't see them this year either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I have seen metallica once live and i have to say they are one of the worst live acts ever for such a popular band.hetfield sounds terrible any time i hear him and the sound is always s**t.they are so sloppy and make mistakes on purpose thinking its funny.they are a big joke.

Nowadays they can be a fairly hit and miss live band but back in their heyday they were a pretty intense live beast. Just the Seattle 89 show for proof. Hetfields voice used to be class live before he blew his vocal chords.

As for this show I'd love to see RIB played in full but since I'm currently on the other side of the world it's a bit of a no go :(

Hannemann is going to miss out on the Euro dates this summer,still not quite ready to return to full live shows. Gary Holt is going to fill the void again. He was excellent last year when i seen them.

http://www.slayer.net/us/news/open-letter-slayer-fans-around-world

Hannemann is going to miss out on the Euro dates this summer,still not quite ready to return to full live shows. Gary Holt is going to fill the void again. He was excellent last year when i seen them.

While I am disappointed by this, Holt looks to be the ideal replacement and he has pedigree in this area.

Hope he's warmed up enough for Necrophobic though haha.

I was wondering about this today actually, the guy I asked didn't know, interesting to see....real shame about Jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Seeing as we were all fawning over Dave earlier and this being a Slayer thread, it just gives me an excuse to post up some Fantômas playing Slayer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

'cksake. hope he's able enough to record the EP they mentioned, at least .. he'll be back at some point I guess.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nailz wrote: »
    Seeing as we were all fawning over Dave earlier and this being a Slayer thread, it just gives me an excuse to post up some Fantômas playing Slayer. :)

Bloody typical! :rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement

wow what a gig this was ,enjoyed every minute of it .f**kin slayerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    gary holt certainly did a great job.

anyone that went see that band sleep before hand,one of most boring crap pointlessbands i have ever seen.

Advertisement