Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer Tour

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

anyone that went see that band sleep before hand,one of most boring crap pointlessbands i have ever seen.

Each to their own. I went to see them last Wednesday in the Button Factory and I thought they were one of the best bands that I have ever seen live.

Bit of a weird mix having Sleep support Slayer though, totally oppoiste styles and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Sleep at the Button Factory was amazing. Savage gig

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

thats fair enough ,each to their own is correct.

however to me these guys are pointless music,the intro consisted of some crap
    guitar noise,and then when it finally kicked in i was like ,ok maybe this will be ok doom band this could be good,it was not they played the same riff over and over and over for what must have been 20 minits or more.and nearly every song was thew same ,with very little vocals.singer / bass player reminds me of splinter from the turtles.dont get me started on the guitarist ,beer belly and ass crack is all i have to say.put them away man .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

saw them in the Point in 06 ... Great gig... but the lights were ****.. Constant strobing, Headwrecked !!!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

wow what a gig this was ,enjoyed every minute of it .f**kin slayerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    gary holt certainly did a great job.

anyone that went see that band sleep before hand,one of most boring crap pointlessbands i have ever seen.

Was a quality gig alright, though they ****ed up the end of Necrophobic as far as I remember.

Must also say the new(-ish) stuff sounds deadly live. WPB and Psychopathy Red were epic to say the least and Holt was an animal. Also I got to see my hero (lombardo) so I'm happy! Well worth the trip over, though that walk up to AP was a pain, poxy buses wouldn't pick us up.

• Advertisement

On a seperate note, just want to point out the Melvins were absolute class at this gig, it was great seeing Dale and Buzz. Was into them a few years ago, forgot how heavy they were.

Oh and "if anyone has any hashish I'd suggest you light it up now".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

DrumSteve wrote: »
    On a seperate note, just want to point out the Melvins were absolute class at this gig, it was great seeing Dale and Buzz. Was into them a few years ago, forgot how heavy they were.

Savage! The Melvins are a class apart, was Trevor Dunn filling in on bass this time or was Jared Warren back? Trevor Dunn is a classy bassist.

Was a quality gig alright, though they ****ed up the end of Necrophobic as far as I remember.

Must also say the new(-ish) stuff sounds deadly live. WPB and Psychopathy Red were epic to say the least and Holt was an animal. Also I got to see my hero (lombardo) so I'm happy! Well worth the trip over, though that walk up to AP was a pain, poxy buses wouldn't pick us up.

it was bit of a trek up that hill alright,but the excitment kept me going.
    well worth it alright

ha ha, rather, "if anyone has a bed use it now while we play our set" ,didnt enjoy 'sleep' you may have guessed from my earlier post ;)

ha ha, rather, "if anyone has a bed use it now while we play our set" ,didnt enjoy 'sleep' you may have guessed from my earlier post ;)

Yeah pretty much, bit of an aquired taste I'd reckon, but they were good at what they did :)

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    Savage! The Melvins are a class apart, was Trevor Dunn filling in on bass this time or was Jared Warren back? Trevor Dunn is a classy bassist.

Twas Jared, they had Codey with them aswell as second drummer.

Just a savage live act tbh.

Advertisement