Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners/ads on buildings.

Options
  • 10-11-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I tried to post this in Marketing but forum is closed.

I work for a retail company that has large, busy road frontage. All they have is the company sign over the door. I have suggested the use of banners to advertise promotions and simple messages like "open to the public".
    The owners have shot my suggestions down saying they need planning permission and have looked into it.
    Surely all the Heineken ads hanging on pubs all over Dublin have not got and don't need planning.
    Again sorry if this is in wrong forum but curious if any one has info.
    Thanks
    H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I'm curious about this too. I've speculated that the planning rules are for permanent signs, which would seem to make banners exempt, but I've never looked into it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭andyjo

some businesses get away with it, some do not.
    nothing to do with brown envelopes given to the planners.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

andyjo wrote: »
    some businesses get away with it, some do not.
    nothing to do with brown envelopes given to the planners.:rolleyes:
    ??? some how i think its more to do with people complaining or not as the case may be.

here2surf wrote: »
    I tried to post this in Marketing but forum is closed.

I work for a retail company that has large, busy road frontage. All they have is the company sign over the door. I have suggested the use of banners to advertise promotions and simple messages like "open to the public".
    The owners have shot my suggestions down saying they need planning permission and have looked into it.
    Surely all the Heineken ads hanging on pubs all over Dublin have not got and don't need planning.
    Again sorry if this is in wrong forum but curious if any one has info.
    Thanks
    H
    first things first ask your LA planning department..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

BryanF wrote: »
    first things first ask your LA planning department..

Right so. I will in future exhaust every possible avenue of research prior to having the audacity to put it to fellow Boarders.

• Advertisement

here2surf wrote: »
    Right so. I will in future exhaust every possible avenue of research prior to having the audacity to put it to fellow Boarders.
    you dont have to exhaust every avenue.. or use sarcasm.. you may just find out the answer from your local planning department, they are after all a public service and the ones who can give you clear guidance..

some advertisement is exempted: see part 2 : Exempted Development — Advertisements

next time why not post your planning questions http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055080784

Advertisement