Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best book for poetry?

• 10-11-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Which is the best book out of: English Key Notes 2013, Poetry Now 2013, Poetry Focus 2013, Edco Poetry Notes 2013 for higher level english poetry? I need a book because the teacher's notes aren't that good. I don't need a book for learning of poem essays but things such as themes, atmoshpere and mood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

I'm in 6th year now and I'm using Keynotes 2012.... It's brillaint! It has all poetry notes and your Shakespeare play and Comparative. Really good value for money :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

You wont get better than key notes. Highly recommend it. Most of my class used it last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'd have to go for Key Notes too. I got it this year and it's brilliant. I have Poetry Now too but I've never used it for themes or anything, don't think it's even got much in it other than background information on poets, and then the actual poems themselves... So yeah, go for Key Notes! It's about €14 and worth every penny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Don't know about the others, but in Poetry Now 2013 Niall MacMonagle claims that the words "night" and "clock" rhyme together... along with a few other crazy claims! :eek: But I tend to listen to my teacher more than to rely on books. :)

Advertisement