Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrowland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

pk88 wrote: »
    yea me and my mate flyin 2 eindhoven d thur mornin gettin a bus from there 2 antwerp!gona be some wkn!

My sister and I are also flying into Eindhoven on the Thursday, any information on the getting to Antwerp would be greatly appreciated. I'm useless at bus and train timetables and connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

Yea were getting this bus to antwerp and work out how we`l get to boom from there!heres the link: http://en.airportbus.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

feic - are the booze bags sold out :(

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Question for ye lads, if I decide to hit the Dam first and fly into there, when Im getting the train to belgium do I have to go the whole way to Brussels then another train out to mechelen or boom?

SCRATCH THAT - just found this which has the stops on the intercity train. Mechelen is one!! Excellent

Thalys InterCity Brussel
    Amsterdam Central Amsterdam Central
    Schiphol Schiphol
    The Hague HS
    Rotterdam Central Rotterdam Central
    Dordrecht
    Roosendaal
    Antwerp Central Antwerp Central
    Mechelen
    Brussels North^
    Brussels Central^
    Brussels South(Midi) Brussels South (Midi)^

You prob have this sorted but just incase:
    www.tomorrowland.be/bi/Airport_-_TL_2012.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now that looks the business, I felt the Little Big Tent at the Picnic 2010 was too small for the Bloody Beetroots, although they blew me away at the Clash Arena tent at Rockness 2010, which was much bigger.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

David Guetta's premeiring his new song with Sia in his slot tonight!

Just wondering, I was looking at the Tomorrowland website and the stage splits, everything on Friday and Saturday finished at 1 am and tonight at 12 am. Surely there is stuff that continues into the early hours or is everyone so danced out that they hit the sack at 2? There must be late dance tents surely.

So whats the reports on this, was it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

It was absolutely epic and beyond worth every cent I paid. I would be back there in the morning if I could.

From what I seen from the tv streams of the Bloody Beetroots (Closed main stage on Friday) looked amazing, I was looking at another guy too who sounded amazing, black dude with a mohican he was playing in a marquee , did you catch these guys Ronan?

• Advertisement

The bloody beetroots were brilliant!! They absolutely rocked the place friday! Was just by the main stage for them!

What day was the black dude playing? Any idea which tent it was no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

From what I seen from the tv streams of the Bloody Beetroots (Closed main stage on Friday) looked amazing, I was looking at another guy too who sounded amazing, black dude with a mohican he was playing in a marquee , did you catch these guys Ronan?

Green Velvet?

does sound pretty like green velvet to be fair, didn't see him myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Im still recovering! never expereinced anything like it in my life, just cant put it into words. I booked a travel package so was pricey but id pay double that again if i had to. no festival will ever come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'm mad to go next year. Worth it?

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'm mad to go next year. Worth it?

Worth every last penny, every ounce of effort... and all the hell im going through this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How much did it cost you guys all in after? Also, how did you go about getting there, was it difficult logistically? Would love to go to this next year, ages away now obviously but no harm in asking already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Paully D wrote: »
    How much did it cost you guys all in after?

Overall its hard to stick all together on how much i spent but with tickets/food/drink/tokens(at festival) Prob from 800 - 900 but everyone is different,
    This included accommodation in amsterdam 2 nights before and one night after.
    Also, how did you go about getting there, was it difficult logistically?

We got there by train from amsterdam centraal to antwerp then onto Boom where the festival is, Wasn't difficult at all cause the
    train infrastructure over there is second to none.
    Would love to go to this next year, ages away now obviously but no harm in asking already :)

Is it worth it...Very much so,If you have been to oxegen a few times and go to this...You will never head back to oxegen. Its just out of this world and 3 times as big.

Some advice on tickets, Make sure to get the tickets first, Then sort out your flights and accomidation, Some people never
    got tickets and had flights to go away...Also make sure to buy international tickets, Tomorrowland have a first pre-sale for the local Belgians first
    and only people with belgian passports are able to buy them(You also have to be in belgium to pick them up) So make sure you don't make that mistake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Couldn't recommend Tomorrowland highly enough.

Just do it.

Will be travelling back from America next year especially for ir,can't be missed,simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ronanc15 wrote: »
    does sound pretty like green velvet to be fair, didn't see him myself!

as you missed it live, thought I'd post this, Green Velvet has uploaded his set on SoundCloud here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I'm planning on going to this next year. The planning is gonna mess me up!

We should be able to help on this board with any questions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wormangel

I'm planning on going to two major music festivals in Europe in 2013, Tomorrowland and Wacken Open Air.. Already got the tickets for the german one, but I'm afraid the Tomorrowland ones will be really hard to get :(

For you guys who managed to buy the tickets online for Tomorrowland 2012, any special tips? I heard even people 'parked' at the website like one hour before the sales began didn't manage to get the tickets.. Site went down for a lot of people and when it came back it was already sold out..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

When are they on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wormangel

Probably April/2013

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

wormangel wrote: »
    I'm planning on going to two major music festivals in Europe in 2013, Tomorrowland and Wacken Open Air.. Already got the tickets for the german one, but I'm afraid the Tomorrowland ones will be really hard to get :(

For you guys who managed to buy the tickets online for Tomorrowland 2012, any special tips? I heard even people 'parked' at the website like one hour before the sales began didn't manage to get the tickets.. Site went down for a lot of people and when it came back it was already sold out..

Basically just be online before the ticket sales start and hope to get through. Have access to multiple laptops/computers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

wormangel wrote: »

I got them last year. I was lucky. Got on before 10 when they were out and was in a queue for about half an hour. You should have as many computers open as possible at the time so you have a better chance. I only thought of it half way through... I got 4 weekend passes and one of the lads was on before 10 and only got 4 Friday tickets so it's all luck really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AsanteSamuel22

Say you don't get tickets in April, is there any way that you might not be able to get one of the travel packages? like do they sell out really fast too even if youre willing to flash the cash. I NEED to get tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Inscrutable

Say you don't get tickets in April, is there any way that you might not be able to get one of the travel packages? like do they sell out really fast too even if youre willing to flash the cash. I NEED to get tickets.

The travel packages all sell out at same time or even before the tickets.

Email these lads a few weeks before hand and they will give you hotel accommodation for 3 nights, buses to and from tomorrowland and a full weekend pass (sans camping) for €340. They don't confirm that you've got one until after the tickets go on sale, though, so you could end up disappointed. But use this as a backup and try and get tickets anyway.

http://www.deboeck-incoming.com/

• Advertisement

I booked a travel package with tomorrowland the day before general tics went on sale....couldnt take the risk, worth every cent and ill be doing it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement