Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Collecting Scam??????

• 10-11-2011 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Ok, not turning this into rascist thing, just stating facts!

Myself and a few of my neighbours have been noticing in our estate that a lot of black bags instead of bins are being left out for collection on rubbish day, and we couldn't figure out why since bin companies only collect the bins!

Then we noticed that the houses that were doing it were not Irish people, for ages we couldn't figure it out!! Our bins were always collected around 6am but this changed recently to the afternoon and this week I came home for lunch and when I heard the bin truck outside I looked out.

Two guys (imo not irish) hopped off the bin truck, went around to the houses with the bags left out (not the bins) knocked on the doors, people came out, a laugh and a handshake, bags collected and thrown into back of lorry!!!

WTF!!!!! On the way back to lunch had a quick spin around the estate and all the black bags from the front of ALL the houses were gone!!

What am I missing here?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Their nationality hardly matter as there have been plenty home grown offenders! They may have a waste collection permit. Seems from the link that Limerick County Council handle waste collection permits for Clare, Limerick and Kerry. You could report the matter and let it be checked out.

http://www.ennistowncouncil.ie/environment/waste_collection.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Where is this happening? Is it a branded truck?? If not might be interesting to follow the truck to see where it goes. Fly tipping is a huge problem up our way where people just come up to the forestry and dump where they like. Its a disgrace, and on the slim chance that they do actually catch someone the fines are pitiful.
    Fact that its a bin truck seems legit but bin guys might be getting cash on the side, Problem for their employer if thats the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Are you saying that the legit bin truck binmen are picking up black bags as well as bins but are collecting the bags with a wink and a nod?
    Sorry but I'm a bit lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

So sorry should have said this is a well known bin company, I am also with them for years! it was just annoying me that these black bags were being thrown into the same lorry that collects my rubbish!

So what do you you think is happening? The guys on the bin truck making extra cash on side? Or is it being done for free for pals etc?

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Are you saying that the legit bin truck binmen are picking up black bags as well as bins but are collecting the bags with a wink and a nod?
    Sorry but I'm a bit lost

That's exactly it!!!!

• Advertisement

OMG!!!!!!!!!
    That is crazy. I would certainly go down in person to the bin company and report it. FFS here are the idiots paying a fortune for bin collections and those with an inside man are getting it for a fraction of the cost. Worse still, the workers are picking up backhanders, cash in hand.
    I'd make an appointment to see the MD of the bin company and give him a list of the black bag house numbers so he can check if they are on the books.
    That is the most craziest thing I've heard in ages and I believe it!

I'm gonna start keeping an eye out myself after hearing that - what day is your bin collection?

I couldn't believe it myself!! And the rest of the neighbours aren't too happy either. It going on for ages but we never knew what happened the bags as the collection was basically at 6am!

But now we know!!

Tuesday!

The binmen are definitely doing it for a few bob on the side. It wouldn't be worth doing that if they weren't getting something out of it.

Have a think about taking a walk around your estate next Tuesday morning and making a note of all the house numbers availing of the special black bag collection scheme and ring it into the bin company and ask them was there another collection which you haven't been made aware of.

Makes me sick, those binmen are collecting other peoples rubbish cash-in-hand because you are paying them a lot of money to bring them to where you live. I could not let that go on in front of my face and do nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

• Advertisement
Advertisement