Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 10 thread

• 10-11-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

Alright, another week another dilemma

Josh Cribbs or Jerome Simpson?

Both have touchdowns in 2 straight games, with Cribbs the only guy on the Browns team providing any spark, grabbing deep balls. St. Louis is a good matchup. Meanwhile, Simpson is the Bengals number 2, and should receive more looks with Taylor on Green for the whole match.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Simpson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

last night just summed up my FF lately, i get jacoby ford into my team and he gets injured after 1 catch of 41 yards and i really think he would have got a great points tally if he stayed on, that coupled with running backs who cant run its looking like another defeat this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Picked up vincent brown yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

How to know that its not your year....oh yeah its when you leave Darius Moore on the bench :mad:

And in another league when you have Cam Newton and Matt Stafford to choose from and you still cant buy a win.

Ah well there is always next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

raven136 wrote: »
    How to know that its not your year....oh yeah its when you leave Darius Moore on the bench :mad:

And in another league when you have Cam Newton and Matt Stafford to choose from and you still cant buy a win.

Ah well there is always next year.

Well if you have Newton and Stafford you should trade one of them, and get a stud player in another position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Picked up Vincent Brown in most of my leagues.:)

Left Michael Bush on the bench in the only league I have him in.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Dilemma:

Who should I start in the flex spot: Santonio Holmes or Willis Mcgahee??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nice difficult decision for me to make again this week. Who to pick as WR: Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Jason Avant or Jon Baldwin.

Marshall is coming off a great week and could well start catching more of his passes now.

White had a decent enough week last week. He seems to be over his injury. I'm concerned he won't be targeted as much with Julio Jones in there. He put up some huge numbers last week.

Avant could benefit from DeSean Jackson's poor play the last few weeks. I think he'd be last in line at the moment for the choice.

Baldwin is the guy causing me the headaches. If I didn't have him then I'd throw White and Marshall in there no bother. I have a feeling that he might come good this week though. He's up against Denver. If he got a few passes he could do some serious damage. I'm concerned about the number of targets he'll get though with Breaston there too.

Would it be worth it starting Baldwin over White?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

Two Q's for this week. Matt Moore or Matt Cassel and Deangelo Williams or Pierre Thomas?

I'm thinking Moore and Williams after Cassel's implosion last week. Not really certain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

Two Q's for this week. Matt Moore or Matt Cassel and Deangelo Williams or Pierre Thomas?

I'm thinking Moore and Williams after Cassel's implosion last week. Not really certain though.

normally i would say Thomas over Willams cos i had Williams in my team since the start and he done nothing so i got rid, but now that he's free from my team, ive no doubt he'll become a points making machine so i would chance him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Dilemma:

Close one, I'd go with McGahee. The Jets ran a lot against the Patriots last time, they might throw more this time but Plaxico has come into form since, so Holmes's red-zone targets could be limited.

With McGahee having a big game last week, and Tebow's passing limitations, McGahee should get a lot of carries. Don't think KC's run defense is great either.

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    Dilemma:

Absolutely no question, start McGahee, I recommended him to my rival last week, he scored 28 points, I'm recommending him again against a bad run defense.
    Lads,

DEFINITELY start Matt Cassel, he's playing an awful, awful pass defense that my Carson Palmer got 18 points against last week despite only being with the Raiders for a week. Meanwhile, Matt Moore comes up against a very good defense in Washington. This is a week to start most of your Dolphins, but not Matt Moore.

With Williams and Thomas it's closer, but start Williams. Thomas has to compete with Ingram, Ivory and Sproles, he'll be lucky to get half the touches, and the Falcons are stout against the run. Williams may not be a great play this week, but the Titans give up points to RBs, despite competing with Williams and Newton for rushes.

DeSean Jackson is inactive for todays game. Hoping that McCoy gets a few extra receiving yards now cause of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Worried about manningham and I have him in 3 leagues. Luckkily picked up Laurent Robinson in one. Had him on bench in another.

In the boards PPR though I've left with waiting to see if he'll play, or start Tamba Bay Mike Williams instead. Grrrr

Baldwin, White or Avant for my one remaining WR spot?

Baldwin, White or Avant for my one remaining WR spot?

Falcons-Saints= shootout. Start White, though Baldwin has a great matchup, as does Avant. Any advice on David Nelson vs. Cribbs vs. Simpson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

Need to choose 3 from Garcon, Cruz, Welker and Bryant. At the minute I'm leaving Garcon out but I fear the Colts are going to get that W today and he's gonna have a few TDs.

Lads,

Need to choose 3 from Garcon, Cruz, Welker and Bryant. At the minute I'm leaving Garcon out but I fear the Colts are going to get that W today and he's gonna have a few TDs.

Leave Garcon out, Jax D is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Started Pierre Thomas instead of Marshawn Lynch.

Should still win my match up but those extra opints would have been nice...

Dodge wrote: »
    Worried about manningham and I have him in 3 leagues. Luckkily picked up Laurent Robinson in one. Had him on bench in another.

In the boards PPR though I've left with waiting to see if he'll play, or start Tamba Bay Mike Williams instead. Grrrr

Will probably cost me the game in the PPR. Grrrr x 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

RB for this week... j Starks vs M lynch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Starks and its not even close imo.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Starks and its not even close imo.

WHAT? Marshawn Lynch is in beast mode and he's playing the Rams, the worst run defense in the league, while Starks never ever scores. His upside is like 10 points, while Lynch could reach 24. What has Starks going for him?

I let Starks go on one of my teams last week. GB simply doesn't run enough

Advertisement