Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messi Or Ronaldo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Messi for me although Ronaldo is a machine. I do think Messi will probably go down as the best player to ever play the game and Ronaldo as one of the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Oh, I agree with you 100%.

TBH I think its an age thing about who one picks. Im glad I got to see so many great players but Im sad I never saw Pele. (But, then again there were plenty before him as well)

Agree completely that it's an age thing and who people saw etc.

Greatest players I ever saw play would have to be : Ronaldo,Ronaldo,Zidane,Ronaldinho,Messi. Would be the top 5 I ever saw (Not in any practical order ^ )

I agree with pretty much everything here.

Messi is Fantastic, what he does when surrounded by players defies logic.
    But, I'd absolutely love Ronaldo to come back to Utd. I see no reason why he ever should, save Jose replacing Fergie. Ronaldo's strength on the ball, and his aerial prowess are something else altogether. Watching Real at the weekend was a joy, and I think they'll give Barca a much better run for their money this season

Ronaldos buy out clause is 1 billion. Doubt he'll be going anywhere for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I don't think this is as clear cut as everyone seems to think. Messi plays with the best group of players in the world in a system that suits him down to the ground. He's never done it with another team. Ronaldo has proven he can do it in two of the biggest leagues in the world, often carrying both teams by himself.

If Ronaldo played for Barcelona and Messi played for Real, people's opinions might be a bit different.

FWIW I think Messi is a superior player but Ronaldo runs him very very close imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I don't think this is as clear cut as everyone seems to think. Messi plays with the best group of players in the world in a system that suits him down to the ground. He's never done it with another team. Ronaldo has proven he can do it in two of the biggest leagues in the world, often carrying both teams by himself.

Ronaldo hardly plays with **** players does he? He plays/played with some of the best players in the world at Real Madrid and United.
    If Ronaldo played for Barcelona and Messi played for Real, people's opinions might be a bit different.

No they wouldn't. Messi would still be better than Ronaldo if they swapped clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Firstly, I say two of the greatest players I've ever seen and probably ever will see. Joys to watch and are what football should be about in the creative attacking sense.

One thing I hate in debates like this are where people just overlook Ronaldo because of his apparent 'bad' attitude. This is the attitude that has made him work harder than anyone probably imaginable on their game. There is no doubt about it, Messi is simply more naturally talented player and has been born with a gift. Ronaldo on the other hand has turned himself into a machine. An incredible athlete and a sculpture of a human. You can be damn sure that clinical finishing etc took so many hours to perfect. Now don't get me wrong, Messi has worked probably unbelievably hard too but some of the things he can do are out of the grace of his creator as much as his incredible workrate.

Another thing that's beyond frustrating is the diving remarks. THEY BOTH DIVE and THEY BOTH WILL. It's part of the modern game. Ronaldo gets abused for it because he's not the media darling like Messi but he plays in one of the most disgusting teams(in terms of cheating and feigning injury I have ever seen) so his are ALOT less obvious imo. Ronaldo is a Grade A diver but he wants to win at all costs.....the same could be said for Messi though and while we all hate diving blah, blah, blah.........we all celebrate once our teams put the ball in the back of the net as a result. THIS IS IN NO WAY should determine who the superior player is.

Their work-rate on the field is meh. Sure it's a bonus having a forward player who will track back etc but I personally with my main attacking threat would be them being at their best in the attacking sense. The English media and deluded fools of fans(maybe a tad harsh) drool at hard-working players who will be making a tackle in their own corner flag and then when a counter attack hits are mile out-of-position.

We as Irish(and the British) love workrate......and that's why so many of our youngsters lack technical ability because our focus is workrate and putting in a shift. Take Messi for example, he has played the same brand of football sense his teams. Every single Barce team try to play possession football and credit must be due because look at the results. Youngster like Thiago Alcantara are the next bunch who will be a joy to watch.

In the UK and Ireland, we focus on purely winning at underage. Barcelona never did, they focuses on a style of play and being as good as they possibly can technically. They get thrashed underage, it changes nothing they still go out the following week and try and play the exact same way again. You wouldn't get that overhere and that's why we're technically inferior with coaches of underage focusing on results are their own ego's increased rather than the youngsters. Barcelona must be applauded for this and they are gaining their rewards for their excellent youth development.

The continental style is more attackers attack and defenders do their job. That's probably while foreign players in the Premiership for example are lambasted...needless by droolers of the workrate.

Messi has a willingness to track back and make tackles and it's admirable to be fair. Ronaldo has a more disciplined(some might disagree) in that he realises his energy is probably best conserved for the attacking element.

Too me it's not about laziness in a defensive sense at all because Cristano Ronaldo after the footballer he has made himself can not be labelled lazy imo. He just realises that his main role is to be creative and the main source of goals so that's where 95% of his energy goes. Again, we who follow British football don't get that and to me that's sad.

Another point would be, since Messi joined Barcelona as a teen he has played the identical brand of football. Nothing has changed for him. Ronaldo has adapted to different environments and has had to do different tasks. Messi's development has been a constant upward curve without break never having to change or adapt because the system is all about possession football. To his credit though, bloody hell the curve must be from here to the moon.

That was just a rant. As an United fan, I adore Ronaldo. I'd kill for him back at United. Personally i'd pick him because I know Messi's heart is all about Barcelona whereas Ronaldo does have a special part in his heart for United fans and his second father Sir Alex. Doesn't really answer the question but we all have our favourites.;)

Just put up a few points to maybe get some people thinking before remarking.....oh he dives.....he cheats......he doesn't workhard.........yawn. So what? Doesn't change the fact that Ronaldo is an incredible footballer and is a joy to watch. Get over your hatred for once.....with the MILES apart comments and then unable to back them up with anything other than oh Messi tracks back. YAWN.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

To anyone who says Ronaldo doesn't work hard on the pitch.

Take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

It's impossible to say if Ronaldo/Messi played for Barca/Real they would be better/worse. Both have their strength's and both have their weakness's.

Ronaldo, half man, half machine who score's for fun. Messi, oozes natural ability and chip's in with more than his fair amount of goals/assists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

#15 wrote: »
    I see what you mean. I took ''work ethic'' to mean his work ethic off the pitch.
    I was thinking of how much work Ronaldo put into developing his game from when he was a raw 18 yr old at Utd

Fair enough, and while Ronaldo is arguably the best example of a perfect athlete across all sports, let's not forget Messi has had to succeed despite being born with a physical disability. It wasn't as straight forward as him having the ability of Maradona straight from the womb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Messi for me just shades it but both play in a glorified Scottish League.

/ Runs :pac:

Bodhisopha wrote: »

Take it.

I'd say that's a tiny minority in fairness.

You don't score 40+ goals in a season from scratching your árse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gotta love C.Ronaldos hissy fits though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As long as Ronaldo insists on being invisible in the big matches, he is nowhere near Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

inforfun wrote: »
    As long as Ronaldo insists on being invisible in the big matches, he is nowhere near Messi
    yeah, it's not like he's scored winning goals against Barcelona and in Champions League KO stages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Bodhisopha wrote: »

Take it.

OK a few things. One video doesn't necessarily indicate regular on pitch behaviour. I could probably find a video of him in a sulk or standing still after losing the ball. We have all watched games where Ronaldo has had hissy fits. It happens, lets not pretend otherwise. Saying he has a bad attitude to certain aspects of the game or a worse attitude than Messi, is not saying that he does not put in effort. We're hardly saying that the second best player in the world is a bad player.

But more importantly for this debate, we are comparing him to Messi, a player who is peerless IMO. We are basically saying Ronaldo is the second best player in the world and that it is because of Messi's unusual perfection in almost every element of the game that makes him second best(note almost everything, so yes he does have a few areas where he is weaker than Ronaldo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

gavredking wrote: »
    Messi for me just shades it but both play in a glorified Scottish League.

/ Runs :pac:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now for some smileys :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

ok keep it coming

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah, it's not like he's scored winning goals against Barcelona and in Champions League KO stages...

he means he doesn't do it enough. Messi does it every time

Iang87 wrote: »
    he means he doesn't do it enough. Messi does it every time
    Messi plays on a better team. Barcelona tear apart the best teams in the world like they're Wigan or Stoke, if Ronaldo got the space in big games Messi is afforded his goalscoring record would be better but sure we'll ignore all the goals he got against the top 4 in England, against world class teams in the CL and still against the big teams in Spain and just deal with outdated stereotypes. Suppose he's a one-trick pony too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Messi plays on a better team. Barcelona tear apart the best teams in the world like they're Wigan or Stoke, if Ronaldo got the space in big games Messi is afforded his goalscoring record would be better but sure we'll ignore all the goals he got against the top 4 in England, against world class teams in the CL and still against the big teams in Spain and just deal with outdated stereotypes. Suppose he's a one-trick pony too?

You have to take into account that the space Barcelona get is often because teams are frightened of Messi and his movement. He makes an excellent team into a great one. He adds thinsg to Barcelona that Ronaldo would not. The Spanish national team is far less impressive than Barcelona and I think the Messi factor is a large reason for this.

You have to take into account that the space Barcelona get is often because teams are frightened of Messi and his movement. He makes an excellent team into a great one. He adds thinsg to Barcelona that Ronaldo would not. The Spanish national team is far less impressive than Barcelona and I think the Messi factor is a large reason for this.
    Oh no, believe me I'm not underrating Messi, he's a phenomenal player and if really pushed I'd probably have over Ronaldo. I just don't think there is anything overly substantial between them and the amount of shíte posted with regards Ronaldo I think is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the short answer is Messi, by a distance, and that's not in any way an insult to Ronaldo.

y'know, maybe we're all a bit soft and veering towards Messi because his play is so pretty to watch, and Ronaldo is all about pace and power, but i just think Messi is on another planet in pure footballing terms than anyone else....the change of pace and direction, the close control and the unerring accuracy with his passing and shooting...it's just so so pure.

the fact that Messi goes toe-to-toe with Ronaldo, while also getting all the assists he does, with the work ethic, as well as the general team play, has to have him ahead.

yes, there are times, maybe, when the pace and power of Ronaldo might be more beneficial, slightly, than a Messi, but that's a thin argument when arguing overall as to which is the better player.

it's fascinating to watch the two of them...primarily because they're so far out in front as the two best in the world that's it's just frightening. they've taken the modern game to another level entirely, and it's not got as much to do with the "state of the Spanish game" (i.e. top 2 so far out in front) as some would like to argue.

Ronaldo was hitting ridiculous figures in England too remember.

as i say, the two are just brilliant, but Messi is streets ahead overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

That goes both ways in fairness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Yeah, happened too Ireland when O'Driscoll was at his peak. 2 men on BOD gave other players more space.

SlickRic wrote: »
    the short answer is Messi, by a distance, and that's not in any way an insult to Ronaldo.

y'know, maybe we're all a bit soft and veering towards Messi because his play is so pretty to watch, and Ronaldo is all about pace and power, but i just think Messi is on another planet in pure footballing terms than anyone else....the change of pace and direction, the close control and the unerring accuracy with his passing and shooting...it's just so so pure.

the fact that Messi goes toe-to-toe with Ronaldo, while also getting all the assists he does, with the work ethic, as well as the general team play, has to have him ahead.

yes, there are times, maybe, when the pace and power of Ronaldo might be more beneficial, slightly, than a Messi, but that's a thin argument when arguing overall as to which is the better player.

it's fascinating to watch the two of them...primarily because they're so far out in front as the two best in the world that's it's just frightening. they've taken the modern game to another level entirely, and it's not got as much to do with the "state of the Spanish game" (i.e. top 2 so far out in front) as some would like to argue.

Ronaldo was hitting ridiculous figures in England too remember.

as i say, the two are just brilliant, but Messi is streets ahead overall.
    I really think that Ronaldo is a much more versatile player than Messi. Whenever Messi is playing for Argentina his effectiveness drops significantly. He is still great but not as great as he is for Barca. I'd like to see Messi play somewhere outside his comfort zone to decide if he is the best of all time. Would he be nearly as effective in England or Germany and would he cope as well without Xavi and Iniesta making so much space and openings for him.

Would he be nearly as effective in England or Germany and would he cope as well without Xavi and Iniesta making so much space and openings for him.

would they be as effective without Messi?

so you'll only know whose better when you stick both Messi and Ronaldo on lesser teams?

just because Ronaldo is the better all-round athlete doesn't automatically mean he's much more versatile.

Ronaldo's effectiveness also drops for Portugal by the way.

and anyway, Messi's "drop" is greatly exaggerated after the last World Cup, where Maradona had no clue what he was doing, Messi was still their best player by a mile, but didn't get plaudits as he was playing further back and not getting goals and assists by the truckload.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Ronaldo is the more athletic and dangerous player and if he wasnt a greaseball, winking, diving cheat he would probably be labelled the better player.

Messi is a great player but Xavi and Iniesta make him look awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

would they be as effective without Messi?

European Championship and World Cup wins prove they are

Zatman wrote: »
    Ronaldo is the more athletic and dangerous player and if he wasnt a greaseball, winking, diving cheat he would probably be labelled the better player.

he definitely wouldn't.
    Messi is a great player but Xavi and Iniesta make him look awesome.

no they don't. they help, just like Alonso, Ozil and Benzema help Ronaldo, but Messi's awesome all by himself.

watch Barca without Messi, and you'll see what I mean. they all of a sudden turn into a pretty team with little real edge to them.

Messi is the spark to the team, end of.

European Championship and World Cup wins prove they are

it proves Spain have a fúcking ridiculous amount of talent.

in the Euros, Torres and Villa were on fire.

in the Worlds, Spain were actually pretty damp in their general performances. they ground out a fair few games by the single goal, and didn't cut teams open like Barca do.

it's basically an example of what Barca are like without Messi.

Xavi and Iniesta would still keep the ball excellently, but they wouldn't have the edge that Messi brings.

this is a non debate in my opinion. Messi by a country mile.

If ronaldo doesn't score goals or takes shots he does nothing else.In saying that he does that job brilliantly. Absolutely unbelievable goalscoring record and that cannot be disrespected and I wont try to disrespect it.

However Messi when not scoring goals is creating countless chances for his teammates. Ronaldo doesn't offer that in my opinion. And i know here come the stat warriors with a million arguments.

In my opinion its messi by an absolute country mile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

If Messi can get to the next World Cup with a half decent manager and squad around him, we may get to see if he really is the best player of all time. I think he is, and I have seen Maradona in his prime. Remember the standard of defending now is way ahead of what it was even in Maradona's day. If you watch some of those games it looks like they are wading through treacle compared to the modern game.

Ronaldo? Not at the races. Sure he's a good player, but I'd have Rooney or Chicarito, pretty much anyone from Barcelona or a hundred other players ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

professore wrote: »
    If Messi can get to the next World Cup with a half decent manager and squad around him, we may get to see if he really is the best player of all time. I think he is, and I have seen Maradona in his prime.

Ronaldo? Not at the races. Sure he's a good player, but I'd have Rooney or Chicarito, pretty much anyone from Barcelona or a hundred other players ahead of him.

Do people actually mean this stuff when they say it or are they just taking the piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Wes Hoolahan.

If Messi can get to the next World Cup with a half decent manager and squad around him, we may get to see if he really is the best player of all time. I think he is, and I have seen Maradona in his prime.

rooney maybe not hernandez. This world cup thing is a rubbish argument. were you not around for the zidane thread this was argued enough

ha, taking it to another extreme i see :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

PHB wrote: »
    I'd prefer Ronaldo in my team.

Also, I think you should steer well clear of football management PHB :pac:

I really think that Ronaldo is a much more versatile player than Messi. Whenever Messi is playing for Argentina his effectiveness drops significantly. He is still great but not as great as he is for Barca. I'd like to see Messi play somewhere outside his comfort zone to decide if he is the best of all time. Would he be nearly as effective in England or Germany and would he cope as well without Xavi and Iniesta making so much space and openings for him.

He destroyed the best team in England last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I assume we're talking about the brazilian Luis Ronaldo??

Firstly Ronaldo doesn't play outside his comfort zone so why should messi. His comfort zone results in 45-50 goals with 20-25 assist a year. I think leave him there.

Secondly with argentina he plays in a different system that doesn't allow him the free role to an extent he has at barca.

Thirdly he ripped the best side in england apart last year which would tell me he would be as effective in England or Germany.

Finally have you actually watched how many times he picks up the ball with nothing on runs by 3 or 4 players and creates the chance or scores himself. Xavi and Iniesta do create chances for him but heres the thing thats there job and they do it very well. Given that argument we can now assume no1 passes the ball to ronaldo or creates any chances for him.

• Advertisement

However Messi when not scoring goals is creating countless chances for his teammates. Ronaldo doesn't offer that in my opinion. And i know here come the stat warriors with a million arguments.

In my opinion its messi by an absolute country mile
    Firstly Ronaldo doesn't play outside his comfort zone so why should messi. His comfort zone results in 45-50 goals with 20-25 assist a year. I think leave him there.
    indeed :rolleyes: not bothered with this argument, it's impossible to reason without the Ronaldo haters coming out. The reasoned debates for Messi have merit but are lost in the amount of crap people feel the need to talk about Ronaldo.

indeed :rolleyes: not bothered with this argument, it's impossible to reason without the Ronaldo haters coming out. The reasoned debates for Messi have merit but are lost in the amount of crap people feel the need to talk about Ronaldo.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of posters hve said that Ronaldo is an amazing player but that Messi is that little bit ahead of him.

oh i see you have no argument against me so you decided to pull out quotes of mine. I was making a point about messis production. The only stats i pay attention to are goals and assists.I was waiting for people to come with pass percentage and that ****.

I wouldn't say i'm a ronaldo hater however i do feel the point has to be made that his attitude is disgraceful. So the people who are haters i'm sure hate his attitude not his talent.

Messi is better no matter howmuch you wanna look at it. You can argue your point or you can do what you have been doing and making non arguments

The reasoned debates for Messi have merit but are lost in the amount of crap people feel the need to talk about Ronaldo.

they're not.

Ronaldo is brilliant, Messi is just more brilliant. that seems to be the general opinion.

very, very little "hating".

just because people don't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean everyone's hating on your boy Ronny.

:)

oh i see you have no argument against me so you decided to pull out quotes of mine. I was making a point about messis production. The only stats i pay attention to are goals and assists.I was waiting for people to come with pass percentage and that ****.

I wouldn't say i'm a ronaldo hater however i do feel the point has to be made that his attitude is disgraceful. So the people who are haters i'm sure hate his attitude not his talent.

Messi is better no matter howmuch you wanna look at it. You can argue your point or you can do what you have been doing and making non arguments
    You'd swear Messi was an angel how he has been portrayed. He's as big a cheat as Ronaldo, not that anyone notices with the circle jerk that goes on around him. Also with your argument you'd swear Ronaldo got no assists at all. He got 10 in the league last season despite scoring 40 (yes 40) goals in the league. He must do nothing other than score goals then, yet another discrepancy in your argument.:rolleyes:
    they're not.

Ronaldo is brilliant, Messi is just more brilliant. that seems to be the general opinion.

very, very little "hating".

just because people don't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean everyone's hating on your boy Ronny.

:)
    I've said twice now in this thread that I'd probably take Messi over Ronaldo but the amount of rubbish talked about Ronaldo such as him doing nothing other than scoring and all the talk about his personality is pure bollocks imo.

You'd swear Messi was an angel how he has been portrayed. He's as big a cheat as Ronaldo, not that anyone notices with the circle jerk that goes on around him.

he's not as big a diver or whiner, sorry. you're just making stuff up.

it's not about a circle jerk, it's about what's in front of our eyes.
    Also with your argument you'd swear Ronaldo got no assists at all. He got 10 in the league last season despite scoring 40 (yes 40) goals in the league. He must do nothing other than score goals then, yet another discrepancy in your argument.:rolleyes:

nobody says Ronaldo gets no assists, it's just Messi gets more.

and he gets more involved in the general team play, helping the entire team, including midfield, function better by involving himself there all the time, as well as scoring and setting up all the goals.

you seem to think because people think Messi is better, that means we're insulting Ronaldo, or we're saying he's poor in certain areas. we're not at all.

• Advertisement

So LiamO just so i get this right, we all agree with you it just appears you dont agree with you. You should get that looked at

you seem to think because people think Messi is better, that means we're insulting Ronaldo, or we're saying he's poor in certain areas. we're not at all.
    pudzey101 wrote: »
    with Ronaldo i dont know.. he could get money hungry and join someone else in a few years
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    I think Ronaldo's work ethic in training is impressive. But on the pitch it's all about him.
    If I had a 8 year old child playing football, I'd rather him look up to a personality like Messi than Ronaldo.
    Ush1 wrote: »
    Gotta love C.Ronaldos hissy fits though.
    inforfun wrote: »
    If ronaldo doesn't score goals or takes shots he does nothing else.
    from this thread alone, you can hardly deny people aren't insulting Ronaldo? Look i've no problem with people circle jerking over Messi, he deserves it, just as far as I'm concerned so does Ronaldo and there is not a 'country mile' between them though Messi is the better team player, don't forget Messi had much more of a head start in that degree coming through the Barca youth system but people who say Ronaldo doesn't work for the team obviously haven't watched him in the last few years. He has come on leaps and bounds in that regard and closed the gap substantially on Messi in that regard last season and already this season their stats are nearly identical.

if you wanna call that insulting then go ahead. But you should know its not insulting we're pointing out flaws yes but not insulting him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

from this thread alone, you can hardly deny people aren't insulting Ronaldo? Look i've no problem with people circle jerking over Messi, he deserves it, just as far as I'm concerned so does Ronaldo and there is not a 'country mile' between them though Messi is the better team player, don't forget Messi had much more of a head start in that degree coming through the Barca youth system but people who say Ronaldo doesn't work for the team obviously haven't watched him in the last few years. He has come on leaps and bounds in that regard and closed the gap substantially on Messi in that regard last season and already this season their stats are nearly identical.

And individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

jesus lads i didnt think this thread would get out of hand :o

I taught the results would be close but messi is the majority's favourite :)

Mods feel free to close this if needed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement