Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macra

• 10-11-2011 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Is anyone a member of Macra either somewhere in East Limerick or Limerick city? I've had a look at the website, but it doesn't actually say where they have groups, just to contact someone in Limerick. Where are the local groups does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I know a few people that are in the Macra in Limerick, if you want I can reach out to them and ask them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

a couple of years ago i went on a macra outing with a friend of mine at the time from the Mannister area "branch?" of Macra. we all went bowling on the ennis road.

i dunno, im originally from the country myself and yet i still felt out of place among them, i DID get a giggle (no, i lie, actually i nearly píssed myself!) when one of the lads came over to my friend and uttered the most epic chat up line i'd heard in a long time-

"so", he says to her, "how long are you outta school?"... :D

its a good thing the lights were low as the guy was totally oblivious to my friend turning crimson! i politely declined the offer to join the club, but that was just my experience of it... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe try asking here :

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000777588269

It also has some of the other clubs listed under "Family" - I know there was one in Raheen and there's one in Boher.

I was in it for years and it was brilliant! Lots of weekends away, competitions, ready-made groups for different stuff, and you can (if you want) do leadership and drama courses and all sorts of other interesting stuff.

Still have long-term friends from all over the country even though we're all gone from it for a good while at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I know that they have one or two teams in the tag rugby too. Shannonside Macra is another one you can choose to join.

Advertisement