Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How reliable is the train from Rush/Lusk

Options
  • 10-11-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering is the train from Drogheda that arrives at Rusk/Lusk punctual i.e does it arrive exactly to what it states on the Irish Rail timetable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I haven't had to use it in a few years (I have the pleasure of Swiss public transport these days :)), but yes - it was fairly reliable over the 20+ other years that I used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Realiability has been very bad for the last month - even worse then most previous years. However, by and large it is reliable. However, the journey between Howth Junction and Connolly can be very slow, mainly at peak times, as we always seem to be stuck behind late running DARTs. So I think you should be ok.....
    But the worst for me is when you sit in the middle of nowhere along the route for 10 minutes with no a peep from the driver. They might know what is causing the delay, but they certainly do not let their passengers know.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

It's grand so long as you allow for a ten minute delay, max. 95% of the time it's on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

It's fine but agree with previous post - allow for a 10 minute delay. According to Irish Rail trains are on time if they arrive within 10 minutes of their scheduled time! They have been bad in the last month but that was because of the problems with Lansdowne Road station - things seem to be back to normal now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I only use the train an odd evening but think its a very good service. I have not been late once because of the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

FWIW, they get to Portmarnock (inbound) pretty much bang on the planned time.

Advertisement