Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get mw3 working on eircom broadband?

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

whenever i try to play online i get message saying i cant connect with the servers and to try again later anyone else having this problem?

i live in ireland and my broadband is eircom anyone know how to fix this or is just mw3 fault

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah I have the same problem sometimes, but with UPC. I think its just the servers are overloaded. Is it just MW3 or other games too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ted12

Jet Black wrote: »
    Yeah I have the same problem sometimes, but with UPC. I think its just the servers are overloaded. Is it just MW3 or other games too?

just mw3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Pfft I cant even stay online for more than 10 minutes with Eircom... tis a load of bollox.
    Ima ring UPC and see what they can do for me, ive had no end of trouble with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

ted12 wrote: »
    just mw3

Don't think its your connection then. I have 50meg with nat type 2 and I'm having problems. It says servers too busy or something. Just have to keep trying or wait until its not busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pfft I cant even stay online for more than 10 minutes with Eircom... tis a load of bollox.
    Ima ring UPC and see what they can do for me, ive had no end of trouble with eircom.

I was with Eircom when i first bought the house back when and the router they issued was the problem. Their new routers disconnect every 30 minutes for a millisecond which has no effect except for online gaming.

Solution: Move from Eircom. If you can get UPC i recommend it (had it in 3 different places and has the best ping out of all of them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its the firewall thats doing it you have to go to the router home page think it 192.168.1.2 ?? (might have to google that) and there is an option to let the game through choose the COD one. or else just turn off the firewall and it will connect i had the same issue with BF3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ted12

Its the firewall thats doing it you have to go to the router home page think it 192.168.1.2 ?? (might have to google that) and there is an option to let the game through choose the COD one. or else just turn off the firewall and it will connect i had the same issue with BF3.

if i turn off the firewall is there a risk of virsuses?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

ted12 wrote: »
    if i turn off the firewall is there a risk of virsuses?

There is but ill switch it off then game then pop it back on and wont use the internet on the PC while its down. I would try the let the game through option, ring them they will be able to talk you through it happens a lot i would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jondis

its actually
    type this code into a laptop or playstation browser
    or follow this link.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8637206_turn-off-netopia-firewalls.html
    click firewall on the left and
    set it to low or off it will connect straight away!! have fun....

Advertisement