Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2012

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:18pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Metallica and Black Sabbath are headlining

download-thursday.jpg

No really a shock and bit of a let down headliner wise , they are also performing the Black Album

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Spam of a spoofer is Copping. Might ask him if they still bore him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Spam of a spoofer is Copping. Might ask him if they still bore him.

Ha id say most people will be doing the same , cant wait to see him back track

Trying to look on twitter now. He'll go mad a la Van Halen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

They forgot about their 10th anniversary for this album or what?
    I love Metallica, would rather catch them somewhere other than download though.

Another headliner being announced tonight
    Glad you all seem to like the announcement tonight, it is truly special. You liked the twist huh? You will get another headliner tomorrow.

Id say everyone is saying it will be Black Sabbath but i think they are just using that as some media attention and maybe to get one up on Sonisphere(where BS are rumoured to play)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Kerrang tweeted last night that it was Black Sabbath then removed the tweet almost instantly so I'd say it is them alright. Would love this to find it's way to Ireland somehow, something similar to Download Ireland would be ace, not likely though.

Kerrang tweeted last night that it was Black Sabbath then removed the tweet almost instantly so I'd say it is them alright. Would love this to find it's way to Ireland somehow, something similar to Download Ireland would be ace, not likely though.

Ah right i see . Personally i have no major appeal to see either Metallica or Sabbath . Hopefully Soni get some good headliners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Official now that it's Sabbath, they'll close the festival on the Sunday. Awesome. New album on the way too produced by Rick Rubin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Penfailed

With Metallica doing the Black album and Black Sabbath reunited, I'd be tempted to head over.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Thats two big nmes alright. I'd nearly say thats a lot of the budget gone on those two so a smaller headliner, possibly Machine Head.

• Advertisement

TicketsOnSaleTomorrow_Overlay_v2.png

Heard they myt be. Never knew announcement so soon. Assume VH to be gone now yeah?

Mushy wrote: »
    Heard they myt be. Never knew announcement so soon. Assume VH to be gone now yeah?

Yup and plus Prodigy would be cheap enough id say they were a back up. Thank god it was'nt Def Leppard :pac::pac: .

This could also mean that the undercard will have a better chance of being decent instead of blowing all the money on the headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yup and plus Prodigy would be cheap enough id say they were a back up.

Exactly - I heard Van Halen pulled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Hope this means a Prodigy tour.

Id say they will do an arena tour after the festival season

Chase & Status subbing Prodigy
    Biffy Clyro subbling Metallica

Also added

Soundgarden
    Tenacious D
    You Me At Six

Prodigy
    Chase & Status

Metallica
    Biffy Clyro

Black Sabbath

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

what an anti-climax. very disapointing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

hellyeah wrote: »
    what an anti-climax. very disapointing:(

You're telling me, Biffy Clyro, what a load of absolute crap...they were at Sonisphere last year taking the place of a decent headline...now I can't avoid them...****....

Although nice to see SoundGarden, fingers crossed Saturday for them, or Tenacious D

You're telling me, Biffy Clyro, what a load of absolute crap...they were at Sonisphere last year taking the place of a decent headline...now I can't avoid them...****....

Although nice to see SoundGarden, fingers crossed Saturday for them, or Tenacious D

Haha Biffy were the best headliners last year at Soni. And subbing Metallica now(apparently Zane Lowe said so).

Think its SOundgarden for the Sunday, and they may be pushed up obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

was at soni myself last year and stayed well away from main stage when they were on. was in a tent rocking out to Gojira , followed by Paradise lost. Both were epic. My mate went to check out biffy and by the time
    he realised they were crap they were 50 deep outside the tent for Paradise lost.
    Cannot believe Biffy are subbing Metallica. Was hoping for Machine head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Chase & Status subbing Prodigy
    Biffy Clyro subbling Metallica

Also added

Soundgarden
    Tenacious D
    You Me At Six

Prodigy
    Chase & Status

Metallica
    Biffy Clyro

Black Sabbath

That is a ****e line up

Friday is just abysmal and goes against everything Donington stands for.

Metallica are great but Biffy Clyro?? They're gonna get a new hole torn in them by the Met fans

Sabbath are a once great band after a last pay cheque fronted by a man who used to be Ozzy Osbourne but is now Mr $harron osbourne

Soundgarden never did much for me the first time round

Apparently bands for late announcement are:

Machine Head (subbing 2nd)
    Trivium
    Devin townsend Project
    DEvildriver
    Little Angels
    Anthrax
    Ugly Kid Joe
    August Burns Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Any conformation on this? Download Festival website hasn't mentioned anything yet...hopefully we'll see some names on the official website

I like Machine Head, Devildriver, Ugly Kid Joe and Anthrax anyway

Any conformation on this? Download Festival website hasn't mentioned anything yet...hopefully we'll see some names on the official website

I like Machine Head, Devildriver, Ugly Kid Joe and Anthrax anyway

Soundgarden put it on their facebook, its come down, mods are deleting left, right, centre on download forums. Probably supposed to be the ones announced tonight.

Only Ugly Kid Joe and Devin Townsend would do it for me, maybe Anthrax. Machine Head are in a great position for them, will get a huge crowd. Tenacious D, if up against Metallica, will have a tough day.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Saw Soundgarden in the RDS in 1995. Terrible live band, love their stuff - but really bad live. White Zombie that day on the other hand.... wowza!

Keedowah wrote: »
    Saw Soundgarden in the RDS in 1995. Terrible live band, love their stuff - but really bad live. White Zombie that day on the other hand.... wowza!

In what way were they bad? I'm really looking forward to them, some friends said they were good at Lollapolooza, but they didn't watch much/know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I felt they sounded poor, and seemed disinterested in being there. They hardly said two words to the crowd.

I *hope* the are better and I will go see them at Donington if they are there though.

Keedowah wrote: »
    I felt they sounded poor, and seemed disinterested in being there. They hardly said two words to the crowd.

I *hope* the are better and I will go see them at Donington if they are there though.

Cool...disappointing but cool. Least they won't be last band on any night (barring Black Sabbath having to pull out unfortunately).

• Advertisement

DOWNLOAD-500x676.jpg

Devin Townsend just confirmed via his Twitter account that he's playing download...jus' sayin'....

Advertisement