Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also Tenacious D will be on before Biffy Clyro and Machine Head wont be headlining the 2nd stage on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Machine head below chase and status. Thats a bit of a joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Machine head below chase and status. Thats a bit of a joke!!

Wouldn't be same stage. May not be same day.

Mushy wrote: »
    Wouldn't be same stage. May not be same day.
    Copping just confirmed on Twitter, Friday main stage goes Machine Head, Chase and Status then Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I can see this happenin wit Chase & Dave

Fair fcuks to them girls, gettin stuck on the main stage in the middle of the 'Metal' day must have been an experience for 'em!! At least they had the balls

• Advertisement

Wonder who will do 2nd stage on friday now with Machine Head not doing it , Im really surpised MH are'nt doing it .

Although C&S are a good way to go into Prodigy since it fits more then MH . Is there any other band that could do 2nd stage against Prodigy

Wonder who will do 2nd stage on friday now with Machine Head not doing it , Im really surpised MH are'nt doing it .

Although C&S are a good way to go into Prodigy since it fits more then MH . Is there any other band that could do 2nd stage against Prodigy

The Offspring? Playing Rock Am Ring that weekend too. Lost Prophets will be knocking around, Download bookers seem to be huge fans of theirs . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I find Friday looking weird already, I can understand if Chase and Status are to be on they will be under The Prodigy on the Friday.....
    I don't think they'll get too much hassle if there's someone decent on the 2nd Stage at the same time...

who that will be will be very interesting indeed.....
    the leaked poster looks on the money....and some of those bands now self confirmed it's good news....I'm happier now certainly than when the first 5 bands were announced.....only Soundgarden of any interest to me...

From DL Facebook
    Machine Head are coming to Download 2012! They'll be headlining the Second Stage on Friday night

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Mushy Ned or The Prodigy? That's gonna be a tough one to call...

• Advertisement

feylya wrote: »
    Mushy Ned or The Prodigy? That's gonna be a tough one to call...

If i had to choose it would be Prodigy, even though ive seen them 2 times already i know it will be a great performance

If i had to choose it would be Prodigy, even though ive seen them 2 times already i know it will be a great performance

Saw them at Download 2 years ago on the second stage and it was one of the best acts I've seen. Saw them at Oxegen 4 years ago and they were awful. I've seen MH a couple of times and I just wasn't impressed...

Hmm, Machine Head are actually playing an hour set on the Main Stage on Friday...

https://twitter.com/#!/DownloadFest/statuses/159068328189624320

feylya wrote: »
    Hmm, Machine Head are actually playing an hour set on the Main Stage on Friday...

https://twitter.com/#!/DownloadFest/statuses/159068328189624320

Yea just seen that there , Wonder who will be up against Prodigy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

hey folks, sorry to bring the topic away from the just announced bands but myself and a few mates are pretty sure we'll be going to this but just had one question. We'd be flying over on ryanair on the wedensday and returning early on monday morning. Would we have to pay the extra for luggage or would we be able to bring tents on as hand luggage? Obviously we'd get as much over there as possible if it means avoiding a €40 ryanair fee for extra luggage. Can folks who have done it before confirm if it's do-able?

Last time I tried we couldn't because of the tent poles not being allowed on he plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Last time I tried we couldn't because of the tent poles not being allowed on he plane.

Same here. I checked in my rucksack and put the tent poles in it and brought the tent on as hand luggage iirc.

Andy Copping, organiser of Download Festival, has promised that fans will be won over by Chase and Status when they play the festival next summer.

The 'Blind Faith' duo were announced as part of the festival's line-up additions yesterday (January 16) along with Biffy Clyro, Soundgarden and You Me At Six and almost instantly generated an intense reaction from online users, with one Facebook group already set up demanding that the band be withdrawn from the Download bill and another trying to set up an organised bottling of the dance duo.

Speaking to NME about why he booked Chase and Status, Copping said:
    Very simple. They're a great live band. They totally fit with what we've done before with bands like Pendulum and The Prodigy, who wanted them to play on their day. I know they're going to step up and win people over. I saw them perform in Hyde Park last year and they totally blew me away with the intensity of their show.

He continued: "They even had circle pits going on and that's what Download's all about. To those people who are unsure, I say go and have a look and you'll be blown away. If not, we've got four other stages for you to choose from. But you should go and watch Chase and Status."

Copping also said that as far as he was aware Black Sabbath would still be playing the festival despite Tony Iommi's diagnosis with cancer and that ticket buyers should not worry about them pulling out.

He said of this: "As far as I'm aware everything is fine. I've been told that Black Sabbath are going to be playing Download. I don't want people to worry unduly about that, we should all just send our thoughts and best wishes to Tony Iommi.

Copping also spoke about Metallica's headline set, which will include them playing their classic self–titled 1991 album, more commonly known as 'The Black Album', in its entirety and revealed that he actually suggested that this was the set that they should play.

He said of this: "Metallica are going to be doing 'The Black Album' in full. It was my idea, I went and spoke with management, pitched the idea and the band absolutely loved it. They've never played that album through before, there are tracks on that album they've never played before, it's one of the biggest rock albums ever released. And, they're a phenomenal live band. It'll be a great show."

Copping also said that getting Metallica to play 'The Black Album' from beginning to end represented an increasing trend of festival goers demanding that promoters provide them with one-off events and exclusive performances.

Asked if punters are after 'event-type' performances, Copping said: "They definitely want that. People want something a little bit different; they need something special to make them want to stick their hand in their pocket. You have to give them one-offs, whether that's Metallica doing 'The Black Album' or a band like Soundgarden coming and playing for the first time. You've got to have variety and make sure there's something for everyone."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Amazing lineup so far, still torn between this and EP though.

Andy Copping, organiser of Download Festival, has promised that fans will be won over by Chase and Status when they play the festival next summer.

The 'Blind Faith' duo were announced as part of the festival's line-up additions yesterday (January 16) along with Biffy Clyro, Soundgarden and You Me At Six and almost instantly generated an intense reaction from online users, with one Facebook group already set up demanding that the band be withdrawn from the Download bill and another trying to set up an organised bottling of the dance duo.

Speaking to NME about why he booked Chase and Status, Copping said:

He continued: "They even had circle pits going on and that's what Download's all about. To those people who are unsure, I say go and have a look and you'll be blown away. If not, we've got four other stages for you to choose from. But you should go and watch Chase and Status."

Copping also said that as far as he was aware Black Sabbath would still be playing the festival despite Tony Iommi's diagnosis with cancer and that ticket buyers should not worry about them pulling out.

He said of this: "As far as I'm aware everything is fine. I've been told that Black Sabbath are going to be playing Download. I don't want people to worry unduly about that, we should all just send our thoughts and best wishes to Tony Iommi.

Copping also spoke about Metallica's headline set, which will include them playing their classic self–titled 1991 album, more commonly known as 'The Black Album', in its entirety and revealed that he actually suggested that this was the set that they should play.

He said of this: "Metallica are going to be doing 'The Black Album' in full. It was my idea, I went and spoke with management, pitched the idea and the band absolutely loved it. They've never played that album through before, there are tracks on that album they've never played before, it's one of the biggest rock albums ever released. And, they're a phenomenal live band. It'll be a great show."

Copping also said that getting Metallica to play 'The Black Album' from beginning to end represented an increasing trend of festival goers demanding that promoters provide them with one-off events and exclusive performances.

Asked if punters are after 'event-type' performances, Copping said: "They definitely want that. People want something a little bit different; they need something special to make them want to stick their hand in their pocket. You have to give them one-offs, whether that's Metallica doing 'The Black Album' or a band like Soundgarden coming and playing for the first time. You've got to have variety and make sure there's something for everyone."

He does tend to say a lot though, he also said on Twitter last night to a guy that they would win him over, but if they didn't and weren't up to it Copping himself would go to a different stage too.......now there's faith.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

At least 10 more bands being announced on February 1st and 2011 prices being extended a couple of days to February 2nd (obviously banking on this announcement to encourage folks to get tix asap)

this is from the official FB page btw

grimm2005 wrote: »
    At least 10 more bands being announced on February 1st and 2011 prices being extended a couple of days to February 2nd (obviously banking on this announcement to encourage folks to get tix asap)

this is from the official FB page btw

and they've said this morning the announcement is now 11 bands......really hoping for some decent stuff amongst 11 bands......the 2nd stage headliner for Sunday will be announced.....

Updated DL Line Up
    431335_10150721813474202_9875574201_12007140_419061665_n.jpg

Updated DL Line Up
    431335_10150721813474202_9875574201_12007140_419061665_n.jpg

really lookin forward to the Olly Murrs & Napalm Death collaboration, will be deadly......has to be live Celebrity Deathmatch stuff.....

Morning! Announcement update from Andy Copping: 14 bands for next week, including the two remaining 2nd stage headliners and the third Sunday Main Stage act below Soundgarden. Nice work.

Dunno what soni is playing, they not giving people an option. That is, unless, they have Pink Floyd and/or Led Zep reformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Dunno what soni is playing, they not giving people an option. That is, unless, they have Pink Floyd and/or Led Zep reformed.

That would be epic!
    The wait is getting annoying now

This is the poster you'll see in Kerrang! Magazine next week
    426351_10150727969414202_9875574201_12023710_624762211_n.jpg

Stone Sour above Trivium? Would make sense...or Dream theater!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Amazing lineup so far, still torn between this and EP though.

Dont do it! EP began its slippery slope last year and with Oxegen cancelled this year will be hell!

DL is looking good so far! Soundgarden will be fantastic! Chris Cornell was absolutely savage when he playd DL couple of years ago!

Makes me sad though as now have to do DL & Soni again!

Advertisement