Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2012

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Anyone know when the tickets are due to be posted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Download always make a bollocks of the tickets for foreigners. See tickets dont post outside UK and every year I've received an email to say my tickets have been posted, they dont arrive and when I call they say they never post them and they will be at the box office! So really it depends on who you bought from!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

right so 2 of the 14 bands on Wed will be ones that have played Monsters Of Rock but not Download.......

would be pretty sure this means Scorpions and one other of a list of 40odd bands......some of whom may no longer be touring......doubt it will be Van Halen or Ozzy.....unless there have been some changes to Sunday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

NIBBS wrote: »
    right so 2 of the 14 bands on Wed will be ones that have played Monsters Of Rock but not Download.......

would be pretty sure this means Scorpions and one other of a list of 40odd bands......some of whom may no longer be touring......doubt it will be Van Halen or Ozzy.....unless there have been some changes to Sunday.....

W.A.S.P. or Poison I would imagine, but I can see the Scorpions playing it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The 14 bands are :-

Slash
    Rise Against
    Steel Panther
    Black Label Society
    Billy Talent
    Five finger death punch
    Kyuss Lives
    Terrorvision
    As I lay dying
    Megadeth
    Fear factory
    Periphery
    Ginger Wildheart
    Reckless love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Slash is headlining the second stage on Friday according to is facebook.

It'd be good to see Therapy? get a slot, don't think they've played since it was Monsters...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Slash is headlining the second stage on Friday according to is facebook.

It'd be good to see Therapy? get a slot, don't think they've played since it was Monsters...

There's the breakdown so far
    http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/line-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Prodigy, Metallica and Black Sabbath are as good a headline booking as I've seen at any festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw Slash and Megadeth last year, both were excellent live. Add them to Kyuss Lives, and that is very damn sweet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently Shinedown just confirmed onstage at the Camden Roundhouse that they’re playing Download Festival 2012
    Erm…yeah, that’s about it. It’s also been confirmed by Andy Copping, the festival’s promoter, via his Twitter account, so apparently it’s legit.

We’ve got nothing else to add about Shinedown. That’s how exciting this news is. Please continue to carry on with whatever it is you were doing before we wasted 30 seconds of your time with this.

• Advertisement

Apparently Shinedown just confirmed onstage at the Camden Roundhouse that they’re playing Download Festival 2012
    Erm…yeah, that’s about it. It’s also been confirmed by Andy Copping, the festival’s promoter, via his Twitter account, so apparently it’s legit.

We’ve got nothing else to add about Shinedown. That’s how exciting this news is. Please continue to carry on with whatever it is you were doing before we wasted 30 seconds of your time with this.
    I reckon download are defi nitely trying to put sonisphere out of business this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

NIBBS wrote: »
    really lookin forward to the Olly Murrs & Napalm Death collaboration, will be deadly......has to be live Celebrity Deathmatch stuff.....

I hate saying it...but the Osmonds are actually pretty good live!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fi H wrote: »
    I reckon download are defi nitely trying to put sonisphere out of business this year!

Download is Live Nation, if anyone can put on a stellar line up to fcuk up another festival it's them.
    Who are Soni's backers??

scudzilla wrote: »
    Download is Live Nation, if anyone can put on a stellar line up to fcuk up another festival it's them.
    Who are Soni's backers??

KILIMANJARO LIVE LTD

http://www.kililive.com/about/

Killswitch Engage, Shinedown, Black Veil Brides, NOFX, Opeth and Nightwish have been confirmed to play this year's Download Festival in Donnington, UK on June 8-10.

poster-8001234.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's very little to drag me away from the main stage from the looks of things. Not a bad complaint

Opeth below Nightwish...bag of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Black Veil Brides above Trivium?! Things like this cause me to lose faith in humanity

Black Veil Brides above Trivium?! Things like this cause me to lose faith in humanity

Thats been said to be false by the organiser. Will be sorted in due course.

Sadly i would have thought BVB over Trivium would have been right since AC loves them(especially all he talked about them last year)

• Advertisement

We’ve announced a further 22 incredible additions to our celebratory 10th anniversary line-up, including Corey Taylor, Dropkick Murphys, Cancer Bats, Rise To Remain and Saxon.

Other exciting additions include Gun, Heaven’s Basement and James Cleaver Quintet, as well as the likes of Kopek, The Quireboys, Butcher Babies, Sylosis and more.

Here’s a full list of all the bands in this latest announcement:

- Corey Taylor
    - Dropkick Murphys
    - Cancer Bats
    - Rise To Remain
    - Saxon
    - Gun
    - Heaven’s Basement
    - James Cleaver Quintet
    - Kopek
    - The Quireboys
    - Sylosis
    - Butcher Babies
    - The Defiled
    - Fozzy
    - Sebastian Bach
    - Soil
    - Red, White & Blues
    - Upon A Burning Body
    - While She Sleeps
    - We Are The Ocean
    - The Treatment
    - Marmozets

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. (mods feel free to move/delete this post if inappropriate). I'll hopefully be making my first trip to download this summer, is there any advice you can give to help out a newbie? Much the same as everyone else I'm on a tight enough budget so any money saving advice is greatly appreciated! :D

Shinedown put this on their facebook page. Hopefully means we get a gig :D

Ireland! 'Amaryllis' Available March 26th!
    425789_10150843335262589_20415872588_12721728_45772805_n.jpg

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. (mods feel free to move/delete this post if inappropriate). I'll hopefully be making my first trip to download this summer, is there any advice you can give to help out a newbie? Much the same as everyone else I'm on a tight enough budget so any money saving advice is greatly appreciated! :D
    Bring ear plugs if you plan on getting any sleep, carry anything you need for the full day to the arena cause the walk from the campsite is stupidly long and not worth going back to tent during the day, if you are bringing lots of stuff, bring wheels to drag it along....again long walks in campsite :) know what bands you want to see and get a feel for where the. Different stages are, it can take a while to walk between them! Get in the thick of things up front of at least one band.....chat to everyone everywhere......you will make tonnes of festival mates! Not sure there are any money saving tips, but take cash out before arriving as your irish bank card wont work in the machines on site!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

I cannot wait for Download! Keep looking at the pics from last year. Third year in a row going. Download is def my favourite festival. Dunno how I'd get through the year without a good festival to look forward to.

Advertisement