Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding present help for my date

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

Only my second time to use this site for help so apologies if this post has been placed in the wrong area.

I have started seeing a girl, just dating and getting on really well. I am going to her sisters wedding in 2 weeks as her date. She is a bridesmaid.

I was thinking it might be right to get her a gift of some sort or am I wrong? If I should be getting her a gift, any suggestions? Money won't be a factor i.e. I do not mind spending a few quid for this. I recently sent her flowers to work so don't wanna get more flowers.

I also spoke to her and said that I should get a wedding gift for her sister. She told me there was absolutely no need to do this. But, again, I kinda think I should get the bride and groom a gift?

I was in a really long relationship and am only recently single and dating so I am totally clueless as to what to do.

Thanks for reading and any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

IMHO, buying a gift for your girlfriend and her sister is both pointless and unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bungeewalker11

Thanks MagicMarker.

Maybe you are right actually. Just thought it would be nice but I could end up looking silly maybe, which I don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

IMHO, buying a gift for your girlfriend and her sister is both pointless and unnecessary.

agreed, look at it this way, if you invited someone to a wedding as your +1 would you expect them to pay for a gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Moved from tGC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Wow you sound very thoughtful.

Technically magic marker is right but technically a little gift for a new girlfriend or a long term girlfriend is always a lovely thing to do :)

I think get a nice piece of jewellery for your girlf "to remind her of the time she was bridesmaid" etc. Newbridge silver is probably adequate. But if you have higher standards then Tiffany would be cool.

As for a gift as a guest. I don't think the bride and groom will expect one but maybe a gift voucher for a store ro a restaurant??

Fair play to you, again you sound very thoughtful! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

No need for presents for anyone!! Buy a few drinks and that will suffice. Have to say I don't envy you, bridesmaids date and not long together. I've been there, you won't see much of your girlfriend until late on. You will be ordered around plenty 'get this' 'get that'. Also you'll probably be at a table full of strangers, hopefully you get a good table that's a bit of craic! Good luck and enjoy the day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bungeewalker11

Thanks guys for the advise....

Totally not sure what to do now. The jewelry thing sounds great actually amdublin :)

I hope I am at a good table too rackstar :)
    Should be a fun day tho, really looking forward to it.

thanks again everyone for replying.

Advertisement