Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APP for measuring your weight??

Options
  • 10-11-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

just downloaded the new iphone app for measuring your weight, can anybody tell me if it's accurate before i stand on it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You need to practice standing on one foot. Try it down in the pub with a beermat, a few pints will help you to stand steady, then do it with the iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Works fine once you get used to it.

Because the touchscreen is designed to ignore slow-changing pressure, you'll need to step firmly onto the screen for your weight to register. The best way is to place the phone on the ground outside your doorstep, stand on the doorstep and then jump down gently onto the phone. (The bottom step of the stairs also works, although be aware that carpet will affect the accuracy of the reading)

Don't rest the iPhone on a soft surface - this will absorb some of the pressure, and you'll get a false reading. If you're using the stairs method, and have carpet in your house, see if you can find a heavy slate, or those granite chopping boards are pretty good too. Put this down on the ground, and the phone on top.

The iPad version of this worked fine for a friend of mine. I'm sure that, even with the smaller screen area this one would work. You may have to jump down onto it a couple of times, though, and take an average of the readings...

Advertisement