Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 Anti Pollution/EGR Problem

Options
  • 10-11-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello, I have a read the codes of my peugeot 307 and i got P0406. This indicates Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor 'A' Circuit High. I reset the code, but it reads as code pending on the software and then the engine fault returns after a short while. I got a mechanic to have a look. He cleaned the egr valve and said it was really dirty. He doesn't know what to do next and I really want to solve the problem. Does anyone have any advice as to a affordable mechanic who will be able to find and fix the problem? The engine was losing power at times but I haven't noticed this happen since he cleaned the valve.

The car in a Peugeot 307 1.6hdi 2005 with a dv6ted4 and 96k miles. I want to sell this car asap and would like to fix all faults before selling.

I live in Dun Laoghaire and I am willing to travel to find a good but affordable mechanic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

The Suspect areas for the egr P0406 fault are..
    1)Engine ECU 5V shared supply
    2)Electrical harness
    3)Connector
    4)EGR electrovalve

Check wiring,connector for damage...after that if you got you hands on s/h egr valve pop it in and see if that helps...:)

There are a few Dublin based mechanics on here who should be able to sort
    you out...:)
    E.g. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056362940

• Registered Users Posts: 8 musedcitizen

Thank you I really appreciate the advice. Since I last reset the faults other codes have appeared that were present before as well:

p0489
    P1461

I have been talking to a mechanic in clondalkin and he wants to do a diagnostic for €30. i am afraid all he will do is tell me the same codes. Atlas quoted €45 and peugeot €75. I really want to get it fixed asap as I need the cash but I am afraid no one will buy it with the fault. Do you know decent mechanic in Dublin?

Thank you I really appreciate the advice. Since I last reset the faults other codes have appeared that were present before as well:

p0489
    P1461

I have been talking to a mechanic in clondalkin and he wants to do a diagnostic for €30. i am afraid all he will do is tell me the same codes. Atlas quoted €45 and peugeot €75. I really want to get it fixed asap as I need the cash but I am afraid no one will buy it with the fault. Do you know decent mechanic in Dublin?

Maybe contact nissan doctor in the above link and see if he can help.

P0489 Electric EGR valve operating fault : Solenoid valve too open in relation to the reference value
    Suspect areas
    The electrical harness
    EGR electrovalve
    Wiring

P1461 Electric EGR valve position copy signal : Difference between the stops programmed at long-term

Suspect areas Electrical harness
    Wiring
    Electric EGR valve
    Engine ECU (Software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

It seems likely that the EGR valve itself is faulty. Proper diagnosis, i.e actually testing the EGR valve rather then just reading the fault codes is what's needed but I've seen a couple of EGR's go on these engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 musedcitizen

Thanks again to Row, drove down to him last night and he had it whistling like a canary in no time. I'm so glad there are some trustworthy people left to save me from spending half the cars value trying to get her running.
    And also thank you Nissan Doctor for the advice, really appreciated.

• Advertisement

Thanks again to Row, drove down to him last night and he had it whistling like a canary in no time. I'm so glad there are some trustworthy people left to save me from spending half the cars value trying to get her running.
    And also thank you Nissan Doctor for the advice, really appreciated.

No problem musedcitizen,
    Glad its running good since..:)
    It was nice to meet you and hopefully you've gained some info..:cool:

For others...I fitted/Coded in a good S/H egr valve and it sorted the problem.
    The old one looked fine but the motor side if it has sort circuited and was bringing up a continues egr related fault codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Good stuff Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hey guys, sorry to dig a thread up.

I'm having the same issue now - what was the resolve for this one? Was a replacement egr required?

Sparky wrote: »

I'm having the same issue now - what was the resolve for this one? Was a replacement egr required?

What fault codes are you getting...?

Here was the fix for this problem....
    Row wrote: »
    The old one looked fine but the motor side if it has sort circuited and was bringing up a continues egr related fault codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Sparky wrote: »

Row wrote: »

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Cathalogorman

Have -"pollution fault "light on, (Peugeot 307 sw petrol). Car is chugging first thing in the morning. If I let it sit for a while, it works fine. Any help out there ????

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Best way forward is a diagnostic scan for fault codes. These messages can appear for a variety of reasons. PM for details of diagnostic services in your area if you're stuck.

Advertisement