Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the rats are back

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

here is one for the experts

my young lad heard a noise in his room 1 night so i put 1 storm block behind a piece of furniture. the block goes missing, so i set a mouse trap with peanut butter. after a few days nothing changes so i refresh the peanut butter.
    heres the question, a few hours later the trap had been moved about 4 feet, had snapped closed but the bait not touched, am i fighting a mouse or a rat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

my young lad heard a noise in his room 1 night so i put 1 storm block behind a piece of furniture. the block goes missing, so i set a mouse trap with peanut butter. after a few days nothing changes so i refresh the peanut butter.
    heres the question, a few hours later the trap had been moved about 4 feet, had snapped closed but the bait not touched, am i fighting a mouse or a rat?

rat id say..mouse wouldnt be able bring the block with him or move trap much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

Definatley a rat. We had one in the attic, the noise out the bugger at night was something else, you'd swear it was a child thumping around up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

Suckler wrote: »

Definatley a rat. We had one in the attic, the noise out the bugger at night was something else, you'd swear it was a child thumping around up there!
    No bloody noise at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Cat around the yard, will help with the rats, no doubt about that.

However, the real rat killer is a good Jack Russel terrier. Not alone, are they highly effective at eliminating an existing infestation, but the rats seem to KNOW, when there is one around the place, and retreat to a safe distance.

I had problems with rats - fed up with spending good money on poison. Got four Jack Russels now and the rats don't come visiting anymore. They even ambush crows who come looking for their grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Silver 1234

Use pied piper bait . Its like grain. Works really well. Also if setting mouse traps use twix bars, they love the stuff.

Advertisement