Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell pricing.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

can't you return it under the seven day grace period

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

Sickening, not sure what you can do however. I doubt you can return it for a refund, so maybe try contacting them and asking for a partial refund.

I know some retailers give a guarantee whereby you'll be refunded the difference if the price drops just after you buy it.

Still you were happy with the price when buying it, so best to just forget about it if Dell aren't accomodating, it'll just annoy you forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

You're looking at two different things - one is ex VAT and shipping, the other is inc VAT and shipping.

842.15 x 121% comes to 1019. The other 30 quid is probably the shipping charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Actually, if you look at the top of the screen under the Dell logo, the "cheaper" one says Small & Medium Business and the other says HOME & HOME OFFICE - PCS, LAPTOPS AND ELECTRONICS

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I feel stupid now, I see the VAT and shipping differences. It probably doesnt include those details for the Office section because they can probably write off the tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Andy!! wrote: »
    I feel stupid now, I see the VAT and shipping differences. It probably doesnt include those details for the Office section because they can probably write off the tax.

Easy to make the error.

As Dell are both a consumer business and business to business seller, they have different categories.

As a business I want to see the cost without vat as this is reclaimable, but if I was buying for home, I want to know the full cost with vat & delivery added so that there are no surprises at the end of the sale (unlike when booking an airline ticket!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Haha very true! :) Thanks guys.

Advertisement