Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre pay visa.s

Options
  • 10-11-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hey all anyone know if a pre pay visa card such as the 02 money card will work in new zealand ?
    as i plan to have a visa to pay for car rental etc
    thanks

also what is the best way to bring your money i will be taking 8000 euro i am thinking 1500 euro cash 5000 euro in my irish bank account 1500 euro on a visa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

VISA works internationally. Mastercard too.
    So if the card is a visa then it should be fine. Does your bank account not have Visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

i only have a laser card i dont have a proper credit history for a visa from a bank i think yes the 02 card is a pre pay visa also can be used at an atm

I never mentioned credit card.
    Most banks will do a visa debit card, jsut like a laser, except its useful.

Might be easier to bring with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Mellor, I think its only ulster bank and Permanent tsb that have the visa debit so far,(At least thats how it was when I left Ireland in July) Ireland as usual is behind the times,

A pre paid visa or even a Visa debit can not be used with a majority or car hire companies, it has to be an actual credit card.

I thought BoI or AIB did too? But you had to apply specifically.
    I'm not sure as it was back in '08

Yeah, I forgot to mention that about car hire. Pre-pay or visa debit is basically cash. Cash is no good for car hire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement