Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

semi permanent /permanent dye for grey hairs

• 10-11-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm not even thirty, have dark hair and over this past year many grey hairs have been appearing! I dye my hair with permanent dye but I heard this is very bad for hair. Last time I dyed was a month ago with a permanent dye and already greys are appearing which I'm conscious of and need to dye again this weekend. Because I have to dye so frequently now should I just go for a semi permanent?Does it cover greys? is it less harsh on the hair?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Semi permanent colour is less harsh on your hair, as it just coats the hair shaft, but it will never cover grey hair. If you want to blend in the greys and you have light coloured hair it might help tone it down, but I've found that it washes out very quickly from my grey. I have a lot of strong grey hair with regrowth around 2/3 weeks after I colour but I've found wearing my hair in different ways towards the end of the month stretches out the the time I colour it in to about 4 weeks. I've been gradually dying my hair lighter though as more greys appear, otherwise I would be colouring it every second week.

If you look after your hair and use a good conditioner and deep conditioning treatment, permanent dye will do no harm to your hair. You might try one of those colour sticks that you can buy in the chemists, its basically a solid block of colour that you can use to blend in your regrowth, but it washes out, similar to mascara I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 star29

Thanks shinikins, I didn't know about these colour sticks. Sounds like a great idea. Will save me money! Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Advertisement