Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy classes in waterford

• 10-11-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm bringing my Akita inu puppy home soon and I just wondered where is the best place for obedience and training classes? Plus what prices are they in the region of. ? Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Interesting to know actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

If there is any on let me know the info and I will attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

deisedave wrote: »
    If there is any on let me know the info and I will attend.

I wonder is their these kind of classes on in Waterford though. Hopefully their is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

seanybiker wrote: »
    Interesting to know actually.

Did you get that jack russell in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

deisedave wrote: »
    Did you get that jack russell in the end?

Yeah I sure did. Lovely little fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

The Waterford Canine Club run obedience and show training classes in Manor St. John in Lisduggan. 8-9pm on a Tuesday night. I paid €70/75 for 7 classes for my fella. Well worth it and they're really friendly up there. All types of dogs up there. There were 2 Akita pups in the show training when I was up there, beautiful dogs.

The training was very effective, I have a samoyed and he was super giddy at the start. Sits, waits, lies down on instruction and is effortless to walk on the lead now. I have a 2nd pup arriving soon and I'll be bringing him up there as well, not just for the training but the social element of it as well.
    The price is reasonable as well, I've seen people charging €125+ for similar number of classes and unless they can make the dog talk or something, I wouldn't go past these classes.

Google Waterford Canine Club for contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

mickmcl09 wrote: »
    The Waterford Canine Club run obedience and show training classes in Manor St. John in Lisduggan. 8-9pm on a Tuesday night. I paid €70/75 for 7 classes for my fella. Well worth it and they're really friendly up there. All types of dogs up there. There were 2 Akita pups in the show training when I was up there, beautiful dogs.

The training was very effective, I have a samoyed and he was super giddy at the start. Sits, waits, lies down on instruction and is effortless to walk on the lead now. I have a 2nd pup arriving soon and I'll be bringing him up there as well, not just for the training but the social element of it as well.
    The price is reasonable as well, I've seen people charging €125+ for similar number of classes and unless they can make the dog talk or something, I wouldn't go past these classes.

Google Waterford Canine Club for contact details.

OK that sounds good cheers I'll look it up

Advertisement