Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I...

Options
  • 10-11-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

Go to emobile from vodafone? I have a Nokia C7, which was originally my wife's. She got it as an upgrade from a basic Nokia on a Vodafone billpay plan. She hated it and went back to her old phone after a few months, so I took it instead, simply swapping my sim card from my own old Nokia. Now, it's pointless having a phone such as the C7 on PAYG, as it hoovers the credit if you go online, so you may as well be on a billpay plan, such as the basic emobile 100/100/1gb plan. I went to an emobile shop today to see if i could change over to the emobile plan and was told to get the unlocking code from Vodafone. When I rang Vodafone, they said that they would not give me the code as the original billpay plan has 15 months to run, so I'd have to wait. I queried this and the guy insisted it was so. Is he correct? Do I have to wait 15 months, which is a pain in the arse.

regards
    Stovepipe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

He's correct I'm afraid. Take the phone to any unlocker and they should do it for €20 or so. Re eMobile, have a look at the new Meteor sim only deal - 200 mins & 200 texts + 1gb data for €15. An unbeatable deal IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

It seems a bit mad that this is the case. You're still paying the bill to Vodafone, which should be factoring in the cost of the phone, so you should be able to do what you like with the phone because they get the money regardless...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Thanks, lads
    I'll get it sorted.

regards
    Stovepipe

Advertisement