Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitlements for twins

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, My husband and I are expecting twins in a few months and just wondering if anyone knows of free products that we may be entitled to. I've heard that there used to be free nappies for the first 2 years but not sure if this still applies. I've been on the citizens information website and I understand what we're entitled to when it comes to grants, benefits, etc., but are there any parents of twins out there that might have some good money saving tips or that may know of any good offers? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

http://www.ecobaby.ie/ used to do a special offer for nappies for twins. It's 6 years since I availed of it do they may not anymore but worth asking.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Child benefits

In general, Child Benefit is payable from the first day of the month after the child is born. It is paid at higher rates for multiple births such as twins or triplets. In addition, a further once-off grant is paid for multiple births at birth, age 4 and age 12.
    (http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/benefits_and_entitlements_relating_to_birth.html)
    Multiple births

The rate of child benefit paid for twins will be 1.5 times the appropriate monthly rate for each child.

The rate for the 1st and 2nd child is €140.00 per month, €167.00 for the 3rd child and €177.00 for the 4th and subsequent children.

Example: If you have 2 children already, and then have twins, the twins will be the 3rd and 4th children in the family. Therefore the monthly payment for the twins will be €250.50 (€167.00 x 1.5) plus €265.50 (€177.00 x 1.5).

Where the multiple birth involves three or more children, the rate of benefit paid is double the appropriate monthly rate, provided at least three of the children remain qualified.

In addition, a special 'once-off' grant of €635 is paid on all multiple births. Further 'once-off' grants of €635 are paid when the children are 4 years of age and 12 years of age.
    (http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/child_benefit.html#l62fd2)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone!
    We are expecting twins in the end of February and just wanted to find out more information about our rights/ benefits.
    Maybe some one just had this situation and will be willing to share that experience with us?

We know already about Child Benefits, but maybe something more?

Thank you!

Advertisement