Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling eircom within 5-6 weeks of commencement of contract?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

I've recently moved from UPC to Eircom (approx 5-6 weeks ago) but I'm not happy with the service...

I am wondering can I cancel eircom (in writing if needs be) because I signed a year contract without incurring any other penalties?

I've already gone over the 10gig D/L limit so I want to go back to UPC.. I'm still with UPC until the 19th of this month..

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom forum.

Probably not a chance of getting out without penalty. You may have had a 7 day cooling off period from when you ordered, but that's long passed. Cancellation fee is normally the value of the remainder of the contract.

If there is a serious problem with the service, and it cannot be fixed, then you may be able to cancel on the grounds of eircom's inability to provide the service you contracted from them. You'll need to give detail of the issues and allow appropriate time for a response and resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

jor el wrote: »
    Moved to eircom forum.

Probably not a chance of getting out without penalty. You may have had a 7 day cooling off period from when you ordered, but that's long passed. Cancellation fee is normally the value of the remainder of the contract.

If there is a serious problem with the service, and it cannot be fixed, then you may be able to cancel on the grounds of eircom's inability to provide the service you contracted from them. You'll need to give detail of the issues and allow appropriate time for a response and resolution.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I've recently moved from UPC to Eircom (approx 5-6 weeks ago) but I'm not happy with the service...

I am wondering can I cancel eircom (in writing if needs be) because I signed a year contract without incurring any other penalties?

I've already gone over the 10gig D/L limit so I want to go back to UPC.. I'm still with UPC until the 19th of this month..

Thanks

Hi Irish_Army01,

If you are on the NGB basic (10GB usage per month) as part of a bundle, the next package up, the NGB regular is just an additional €5 with (250GB Usage per month).

Thanks, Mark

Hi Irish_Army01,

If you are on the NGB basic (10GB usage per month) as part of a bundle, the next package up, the NGB regular is just an additional €5 with (250GB Usage per month).

Thanks, Mark

I've done that and am still having the same issues.. I just got off the phone with support... and they can't help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

I've already gone over the 10gig D/L limit so I want to go back to UPC..

Thanks

Only 10gig per month is just crazy..that kind of restriction was acceptable maybe 5 years ago or more. Hell I find my own limit of 60gig per month restrictive.

• Advertisement

:mad:I was sold what I was told up to 8mb of NGB... over the past week it kept dropping with Xbox live and basic web browsing.... I have logged fault Ref # with technical support.

FYI I've been in contact with technical support and informed my line won't support anything faster than 5mb without it dropping... It stopped this morning with just me online at approx 0910hrs..I had to turn off/on the modem to restart it...ridiculous.

I am also meant to accept that the service will be intermittent due to high traffic when my Kids are on xbox live and my Wife and I are online...

edit to add, my wife informed me while I was at work yesterday, it kept dropping....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

:mad:I was sold what I was told up to 8mb of NGB... over the past week it kept dropping with Xbox live and basic web browsing.... I have logged fault Ref # with technical support.

FYI I've been in contact with technical support and informed my line won't support anything faster than 5mb without it dropping... It stopped this morning with just me online at approx 0910hrs..I had to turn off/on the modem to restart it...ridiculous.

I am also meant to accept that the service will be intermittent due to high traffic when my Kids are on xbox live and my Wife and I are online...

edit to add, my wife informed me while I was at work yesterday, it kept dropping....:mad:
    I pay €33 a month for 8mg plus a phone line and get a pretty good constant connection , plus its 1mg upload which is great..under 5mg and you'll suffer playing games online , I've been there .

I nearly signed up for NGB but they couldn't tell me the details of the package that I would be getting and I felt it was like a lottery where you pay upfront and take a huge gamble , besides I have a fairly decent connection and ping rate and simply wont jump service , especially if my online game takes a hit , thats just too much...besides Eircom just want you to pay for their phone service - the broadband aspect seems secondary.

I know soon as you sign up they bill you for the phone service...which i get free anyway with the provider I use..mad!.

Eircom will never be below €45 in price as that's what the standing charge was on the original phone connection years ago.

Advertisement