Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american bully breeder in ireland?

• 11-11-2011 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭

just wondering if we have anyone breeding the beautiful american bully over here? and if anyone has any experience of the breed?

16279223_1-Pictures-of-PROVEN-STUD-UKC-PURPLE-RIBBON-RAZORS-EDGE-AMERICAN-PITBULL-BIG-BLUE-AND-BULLY.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

get in touch with the ikc they will tell you if there are any registered breeders, they are like all bull breeds, very gentle at times but rough as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

it was just an idea for the future, ill be onto KC when im more sure down the line. i was really wondering if they are actually being bred here at all because to import is going to run into silly money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Afaik they arent a recognised breed as such with the IKC so they wouldnt have much information for you.

That picture doesnt really look like any of the American Bulldogs ive seen or known:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

Please god no one imports one of these hefers into our Country! They have runied the APBT In many countries!! :(

guys this is neither amercian bulldog nor APBT.

the american bully is a recognised x of the american bulldog and staffordshire bull terrier.

the weight and size depends on the dam/sire match with american breeders leaning towards the bulldog/hippo look with clipped ears (:eek: which i have no interest in) and european breeders going for more for the staffie look, a much leaner dog with full ears (although still stockier than the staff).

as a staffie owner, its the 2nd one i'd be interested in. hence asking about a breeder this side of the ocean :)

• Advertisement

American Bullys ( Ambully) was created with the APBT & the ASBT and the SBT. They where bred for looks, not athlectism.
    Alot of people consider them to be what the APBT should look like!!!
    IMO if they do start to breed them over here we wil have alot and alot of xAPBT xSBT's and so on! IMO if you want a bully i would recommend the APBT.

it seems we're getting 2 very different sources of info on them tara and since you know your PBTs i'll believe you rather than my other source. :)

anyway its not a case of wanting a bully as like i said, i already own a staffie. just wondering for the future ;)

it seems we're getting 2 very different sources of info on them tara and since you know your PBTs i'll believe you rather than my other source. :)

anyway its not a case of wanting a bully as like i said, i already own a staffie. just wondering for the future ;)

PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I got a bulldog puppy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

deisedave wrote: »
    I got a bulldog puppy
    WHAT

• Advertisement

I got a bulldog puppy

Thats not a Bulldog though...:confused:

Really? I didnt care to much about breed, I did not go out looking for an american bulldog but I saw this puppy and loved it. The guy who gave it to me said it the mother was an american bulldog which I saw and the father was a staff.

Plus I know someone with an American bulldog registered in the states and as a puppy was identical to my dog atm.

Oh i thought you meant an English Bulldog when you said Bulldog. Im not too sure then, i havent seen an American Bulldog as a puppy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Looks more Staffie baby in those pics than Am Bull to me but it is a cross so will be hard to know what it'll grow into.

Its a mutt like but the head is to small for a staff. It also has a bit of presa in it somehow lol. Ah I saw her and fell in love with her, breed aint much important to me.

She is one and a half stone at 10 weeks old

If the mother was an American and the father is a staffie then where does the Presa come into it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Its a mutt like but the head is to small for a staff. It also has a bit of presa in it somehow lol. Ah I saw her and fell in love with her, breed aint much important to me.

She is one and a half stone at 10 weeks old

In another thread you said it was a bulldog/presa canaro cross, the dam was a presa. This is the first time I think that you've mentioned staff. So, as the dog has staff in it, yes you will have to muzzle her in public.

andreac wrote: »
    If the mother was an American and the father is a staffie then where does the Presa come into it??

I seriously have no idea about breeding really, All I know its a cute dog and its a bulldog/presa mix so no muzzle :D

There is a staff in there as well but I wont be mentioning that on the license.
    I dont care about breed as she is just a pet and you dont love a dog more for being more of one breed than another.

I seriously have no idea about breeding really, All I know its a cute dog and its a bulldog/presa mix so no muzzle :D

There is a staff in there as well but I wont be mentioning that on the license.
    I dont care about breed as she is just a pet and you dont love a dog more for being more of one breed than another.

But you keep changing your story, you said the mother was a Presa, but now its a staffie, which is it??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

At the end of the day, you can put what you like on the dog's licence... It doesn't really matter what you think it is, if it comes to it it's what (a) the dog wardens or guards think it is, then later (b) what a prosecuting expert witness thinks it is.
    If it comes to it, that is.

• Advertisement

There are American Bulldogs , then there are American Bullys ( Ambully) to totally different breeds.

TaraR wrote: »
    There are American Bulldogs , then there are American Bullys ( Ambully) to totally different breeds.

Oh really?? God thats very confusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

TaraR wrote: »

Don't they call them New English Bulldogs or something, they've tried to reduce the brachiocephalic tendancy that the the Old English Bulldog has by increasing the length of the nose???

lrushe wrote: »
    Don't they call them New English Bulldogs or something, they've tried to reduce the brachiocephalic tendancy that the the Old English Bulldog has by increasing the length of the nose???

These are English Bulldogs
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=new+english+bulldog&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=vBG&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FFW9TrKMEIawhAeNxtW-BA&ved=0CCcQsAQ&biw=1348&bih=551&sei=GlW9Tr2ZEcyxhAeI3r2tBA

So Many 'Bulldogs' so many different breeds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

just wondering if we have anyone breeding the beautiful american bully over here? and if anyone has any experience of the breed?

16279223_1-Pictures-of-PROVEN-STUD-UKC-PURPLE-RIBBON-RAZORS-EDGE-AMERICAN-PITBULL-BIG-BLUE-AND-BULLY.jpg

If you want to find out about them visit americanbulldogs.ie

different breed mate but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

I know they are but someone will point you in the right direction. Iv seen those dogs for sale a good few times;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

be carefull when buying what you believe is a english bulldog,many people are cross breeding english bulldogs with staffies,pitbulls, and american bulldogs,they sell them under names like,old time bulldogs,victorian bulldogs,and dorset bulldogs, none are true bullies,when i am walking my bully,i often get the comment, that my son has a bulldog,he paid a lot of money for it, after a few minutes you catch on that they are talking about a new designer breed of bulldog,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

for sure, people should be careful when buying any breed of dog... I am the owner of a pit and a staffie, both parents of each dog fully checked out, litters checked out etc...
    I have to say the dog pictured, to me, looks very unfortunate and seems to fit in with the labradoodle type breeding that has gone on in recent years... If my pit and staffie bred (which they wont, there are too many unfortunate bull breeds languishing in pounds in Ireland) it might look like the one pictured.. I suppose it is a matter of opinion but the dog pictured looks like two completely different breeds, the head and the body... So many people have said to me to breed my beautiful male pit and very pretty female staffie, but I wouldnt, just incase it actually ended up looking like the dog pictured... (sorry op just my opinion :) , either tall with a small head or short with a large head..

Advertisement