Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honest opinions please?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I like the first 2, they would be to my taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

No 1 petals in top L.F flower are in focus, also R.H flower as well. I feel focus should be on main flower and leaving the rest out of focus would concentrait the eye to the main flower.

No 2. The apple should have been on the left hand side so the apple stork would then lean into the picture, not out of it. There is too much empty space on the L.H side. Putting the apple on the rule of thirds and on the L.H side would have made this a great photo.

No 3. Love it. B&W suit this type of photo. If I can be pedantic ( and I am only realy nit picking), what is the central subject you are trying to show? Dont get me wrong, I would have been happy to have taken this photo, but, would not 2 things been better than 3. I only ask that as there may be too much to look at and the eye can wonder about. Maybe just the seat and the door.

Love to see that rose in colour though. Well done.

Sorry, dont mean to be harsh, just my opinion.

You can get back at me now, hahaha have a look at my work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/micklumley/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

mlumley wrote: »
    No 1 petals in top L.F flower are in focus, also R.H flower as well. I feel focus should be on main flower and leaving the rest out of focus would concentrait the eye to the main flower.

No 2. The apple should have been on the left hand side so the apple stork would then lean into the picture, not out of it. There is too much empty space on the L.H side. Putting the apple on the rule of thirds and on the L.H side would have made this a great photo.

No 3. Love it. B&W suit this type of photo. If I can be pedantic ( and I am only realy nit picking), what is the central subject you are trying to show? Dont get me wrong, I would have been happy to have taken this photo, but, would not 2 things been better than 3. I only ask that as there may be too much to look at and the eye can wonder about. Maybe just the seat and the door.

Love to see that rose in colour though. Well done.

Sorry, dont mean to be harsh, just my opinion.

You can get back at me now, hahaha have a look at my work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/micklumley/

I didn't find that harsh at all! I love this kind of criticism. I see what you mean about the first one. I should have played around a bit more with those flowers but that's the only shot I got of them.

With the apple I was trying to get the long shadow into the picture, thinking that might have filled up the space. I shall try it from the right hand side instead and compare.

With the third one, in my innocent photographing ways, I was just basically taking a picture of the bench and the door. I wasn't really focusing on anything in particular. So cropping from the top and bottom would improve this shot then?

You're not missing much on the colour of that rose. It was just pure white. Almost similar to what it looks like in the picture :D

Thanks so much for your views. I would try and hit back at you but I have barely any technical knowledge to hit you with so you're off the hook for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I like the first two. second two don't do much for me. I think the lighting angle on the rose is too high and there are distractions in the background.

Advertisement