Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Censored words within links & image urls

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭

Would it be possible to disable the swear filter when posting links and images?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

I'm afraid this isn't possible. We use the censor list to stop people(and spambots) from posting links to potentially dangerous sites or harvesting out Google juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was going to say maybe add a whitelist for words like Scunthorpe but then I noticed it actually isn't filtered. Is that the kind of thing you mean My name is URL?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Malice wrote: »
    I was going to say maybe add a whitelist for words like Scunthorpe but then I noticed it actually isn't filtered. Is that the kind of thing you mean My name is URL?

I was sort of talking more about URLs that contain actual swear words. Sometimes, especially when posting in YLYL, there are swear words contained in the address of the image, even though the image itself is safe and these are blocked by the filter.

It's not a big deal. I was just curious if it could be disabled, but understand now that it still serves an important purpose.

Could you just save, rename, rehost the images at http://www.wthax.org and then repost them on Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Yes, that's the recommended way around this. Either that or use a URL shortener service that links directly to the image, then you can embed the short url :)

• Advertisement

Poor Danny, not only do they make you work until 7pm now they're making you work weekends too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Slave drivers, the lot of 'em :P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement