Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shepherds Pie

Options
  • 11-11-2011 12:40am

Any one rush out to buy the book shepards pie? Listening to Tubridy yesterday,it seems it a story of a spoilt boy,who got what he wanted from daddy,and fcuked it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Any one rush out to buy the book shepards pie? Listening to Tubridy yesterday,it seems it a story of a spoilt boy,who got what he wanted from daddy,and fcuked it up?

Exactly what I was thinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

And Daddy wasn't too pleased either when George was running a Nissan dealership and driving a Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Who is it about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

George Mordaunt has written a book about his economic downfall

I doubt it was the only thing daddy mordant wasn't happy about. A lot of their old customers won't deal with them anymore due to the antics of the sales people.

• Advertisement

Pure and utter greed,He said in the interview with Tubridy [available to listen again on Tubridy on the 2fm site,Wennesday I think] that he bought houses in an estate to control the rent.It comes actross in the interview that he put pressure on his father to let him take over the business..The result being ,his father said " If you want it take it "...Akick in the arse might have been the better option.He is now describing himself as an author and public speaker.He is looking for sympathy now,the sympathy he didnt give to customers,if they had a problem with a purchase.Why are the Nissan lights still blazing,if he is not connected with any company now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Well said Chakra Blue,It amazes me how this guy is being treated as some kind of hero of the recession.he got greedy and nearly ****ed up the business.Simple as.Another one who thought the good times would never end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Why did you post this in the Tipperary forum? Locked. Explain via PM and I might reopen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

think i heard him explain his 'new business model'

customer contacts him and says he wants say a vw passat with a certain milage and other details. he then sources a few in the uk or ireland and presents the options to customer who has paid a deposit already!!:rolleyes:

jesus it's revolutionary

• Advertisement

digzy wrote: »
    think i heard him explain his 'new business model'

customer contacts him and says he wants say a vw passat with a certain milage and other details. he then sources a few in the uk or ireland and presents the options to customer who has paid a deposit already!!:rolleyes:

jesus it's revolutionary

That's it alright. Makes a change from a few years back. I went in to buy a car and struck a good deal with the salesman. He then tried to get me to sign up for finance which I didn't need not want. The poor lad put up a serious speil about finance being a better idea so I could keep the cash for something else. In the end I left and told him I'd be back the following day to finalise the deal. I arrived with a bank draft and funny enough not one salesman would deal with me as they were all busy. I was promised a call back and I'm still waiting to this day :) I also know of people who had bought cars previously from them who had very pushy salesmen call to them at home with a brand new car and finance already pre approved on the car!! I've been in the motor trade a long time and never heard the likes if this carry on. Marketing or sales ploy, a lot of their previous customers were lost and deservedly so.

The current strategy is hardly revolutionary but seems to be making money for a lot of dealers in the country.

He has been in the national papers,he was interviewd on National television and radio,but haven't heard him on the local station Tipp Fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

when it was known to the dogs in the street his business was going down the tubes he went to the local paper and Tipp FM and denied it. what is the word for someone who says something that is not true and then goes back on it to sell a book?
    Author? LOL. Daddy's boy more likely

see here from kilkenny forum

Vizzy wrote: »
    And Daddy wasn't too pleased either when George was running a Nissan dealership and driving a Merc.
    lol

He has been in the national papers,he was interviewd on National television and radio,but haven't heard him on the local station Tipp Fm.
    Maybe this is why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

From ANSI's link.
    He also confirmed that the Gardai had been notified and that meetings had taken place with the Gardai in an effort to trace the origins of the rumour.

Lol. Brilliant stuff. Go to the extent of asking the Gardai to find out what he knows already. Tell ya what though; he's got some serious coverage over the book. Must have been from connections made when he was on the radio himself all those years ago. :)

From ANSI's link.

Lol. Brilliant stuff. Go to the extent of asking the Gardai to find out what he knows already. Tell ya what though; he's got some serious coverage over the book. Must have been from connections made when he was on the radio himself all those years ago. :)
    the 'journalists' have short memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

ANSI wrote: »
    I can remember that interview.I put the question to him [on the birdy network ] why he was not interviewed by Tipp FM.He said they told him,he had to make a pitch for an Interview.The presenter of Tipp Today in reply to a text said he never sent the book to them.[The presenter said this live on air]???? But then again Tipp FM can be pretty poor at times too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

From ANSI's link.

On radio himself???He spent a wet day in the west gate!!!!

DT100 wrote: »
    I can remember that interview.
    I put the question to him [on the birdy network ] why he was not interviewed by Tipp FM.He said they told him,he had to make a pitch for an Interview.
    What is birdy and is that conversation public
    The presenter of Tipp Today in reply to a text said he never sent the book to them.[The presenter said this live on air]????
    when was this?
    But then again Tipp FM can be pretty poor at times too.
    first for news lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

DT100 wrote: »
    On radio himself???He spent a wet day in the west gate!!!!

Lol. I know. Just wondering did anyone else remember his radio "career".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Daddy's Boy alright and those salesmen are pure smarmy.

From ANSI's link.

He has claimed that radio was his real calling,and when the pirate station in Clonmel closed,everyone was sacked,except him and two other's.Can anyone here confirm/deny that.I find it amazing the stuff he comes up with.

He has claimed that radio was his real calling,
    where did he say that?

ANSI wrote: »
    where did he say that?

Today,on LMFM Radio.

Has anyone read the excerpt? Says he was sexually abused in schools and admits to burning letters when working as a postman. What a thing to admit and then expect people to buyy cars from him? In the intro Fergus Finlay says he never knew any of George's troubles when they were giving money to Barnardos when a car sold. Was that just a a stunt to sell them and was Finlay Hornaswaggled?

I heard today that he will be on the Frontline on Monday, explaining why emigration not required.I am sure that will go down well with viewer's,that have son's/daughter's making a living outside of Ireland.

I heard today that he will be on the Frontline on Monday, explaining why emigration not required.I am sure that will go down well with viewer's,that have son's/daughter's making a living outside of Ireland.
    he was on tipp fm last week. apparently the bank are now coming to him to help them deal with people in debt and his business model of bringinga car from the uk is new and one of a kind in Ireland:DThe book is in reprint he says

was he on frontline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

Yes he was, for about 3 or 4 minutes.

Advertisement